Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: hearing protection act

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I got this wishy washy response from mine. Canned response, but at least I tried.

Dear Mr. Wiley,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on the issue of gun control. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your position on this very important issue.

Our nation has endured a tragic epidemic of gun violence and mass shootings. As the husband of a retired principal and teacher, and the father of two boys, the fact that so many of these incidents have taken place on school campuses hits particularly close to home. Though there will never be a single law – or set of laws – that eliminates all gun violence in our county, I believe that Congress should take a comprehensive approach toward gun safety by enacting common-sense solutions that preserve the rights of responsible gun owners. No, these pragmatic steps won’t stop all acts of gun violence, but they will prevent many tragedies, and they will save lives.

I take my oath to defend the Constitution – including the Second Amendment – very seriously. Please know that I will continue to work with my colleagues in a bipartisan fashion to address gun violence in a way that respects the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me again on this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Denny Heck
    Member of Congress
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Prediction if Hearing Protection Act passes...

The new rage will be perm attached suppressors, integral suppressors, and suppressor cages like the 10/22 SBX barrel.

Then you can avoid the SBR tax too.

TED

Feedback Score
    Agree to a point.

I also don't think dirt-shooter joe is going to buy a kac can. He's going to buy a bunch of mag lights and blow them of the barrel... "because your just paying for the name". And it's "just as good as".

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    $50 OTC rimfire cans with K baffles. Lots and lots of $50 OTC rimfire cans with K baffles.

Also, cans will become the consumable items as they should've always been considered to be. I'll buy $50 rimfire cans by the dozen at $42 per and toss them when they fill up!
    Last edited by glocktogo; 02-08-17 at 11:11.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    The new rage will be perm attached suppressors, integral suppressors, TED
    I don't see that happening for two reasons.

1. The forums will be full of post about ... well the profile is wrong, the gas port is wrong, the suppressor is wrong, all will of course be nit pick items but will compound upon themselves.

2. The forums will be full of post determining why "X" barrel+can combo is the end all be all to suppressed weapons.

The whole suppressor situation is already in a state of ruinous competition for a variety of reasons. I think when it all pans out, the company /s that will win are the ones that will offer a viable, more affordable, utilitarian can with a realistic warranty.

Cans should in no way be considered a firearm. I should be able to build and use one if I so desire. Everybody and his brother is now a cutting edge manufacturer. It just sounds like a situation that could spin around in the tornado of politics and "look at whats new!" for a long time before the end user really sees reason.

IOW, it's still got the smell of "if it seems too good to be true" on it.

I'm not holding my breath.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My prediction is that PSA will ship .30 cal Freedom line suppressors with welded in .223 baffles, eventually. Which leads to follow up prediction.

Someone will shoot their "FN" steel .30 cal suppressor on a .30 cal thus blowing it up. We will then read a post about it.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 02-08-17 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    My prediction is that PSA will ship .30 cal Freedom line suppressors with welded in .223 baffles, eventually. Which leads to follow up prediction.

Someone will shoot their "FN" steel .30 cal suppressor on a .30 cal thus blowing it up. We will then read a post about it.
    Or many people will post bad reviews of .223 silencers that blow up because it's actually a 22lr silencer.

Or they want it Hollywood short, then complain that its a lie.

the silencers mfgrs are oieing about being a silencer

Complain it isnt a goodo assasian tool of death.

More threads on both hand threading the muzzle

Threaded muzzles that are actually only for a break not a silencer claiming the can is cheap and crapy. (One smith quoted me double near kansas city when he found out it was for a silencer and not a break, had to base threads on bore and not od)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Don't worry. The Dems will be throwing themselves under buses before they let this pass. Maybe some Republicans too.

The left will demagogue, filibuster, and lie about this in the media until it dies.

I don't really see this as any more than a fantasy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^What he said. This has no chance in hell. I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Don't worry. The Dems will be throwing themselves under buses before they let this pass. Maybe some Republicans too.

The left will demagogue, filibuster, and lie about this in the media until it dies.

I don't really see this as any more than a fantasy.

This is reality.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast