Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: hearing protection act

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    – should you purchase a silencer during that time, you will receive a $200 tax credit to cover the cost of any new silencer tax stamps you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Side Them has low hanging fruit to cut from the bill to feel like they did something.
    ^This dude knows how it works.

That is designed to get stripped out as compromise.

Kind of like when you say... "I noticed you have a nice $700 Russian SKS... what do you think about $350?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    Full auto, I would like, but I don't expect that one. Maybe just let us buy newly manufactured full auto under the NFA.
    I'd be down for getting rid of the Reagan Ban and then having a special $2000 tax, just to keep full auto away from neckbeards and poor people.

It would also be just enough to keep dudes from making PVC pipe Home Depot special Glock STENs and shooting everyone elses target but the one they were aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    While I am all for this I worry about the first time someone uses a suppressor in a mass shooting.
    Christopher Dorner used a suppressed P22.

This is the crime scene photo:

It's basically the same as robbing a bank with a fast car vs a slow car. Nobody cares.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I'd be down for getting rid of the Reagan Ban and then having a special $2000 tax, just to keep full auto away from neckbeards and poor people.
    Why stop at $2000?

I make lots of money. Let's do a $20,000 tax. If you can't afford that you're a poor neckbeard as far as I'm concerned.

Additionally, we all know that rich people are stable and generally good people.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-12-16 at 09:38.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    yes seriously, enough with the taxes.

I read that the best method to contact our representatives was to call their state offices and politely explain our position. If we get enough calls, emails, letters etc. they may get to action on this.

scott

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Read my lips: no NFA tax increase.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

hearing protection act

the NFA, as well as any excess tax on firearms is an infringement as it prohibits/inhibits the purchase of them. wrong and unconstitutional as far as i'm concerned. there is zero reason for SBRs and suppressors to be a regulated item. firearms are currently the only machinery that is above safe decibel levels that mufflers/etc are not required. full auto is overrated but again, shouldn't be regulated by something like the NFA. just my opinion. i'll be purchasing suppressors whether or not i have to pay a tax stamp, and i could care less if i get my 200$ back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    After filling out the form here: http://www.fightthenoise.org/take-action/ for SilencerCo, I received the following response from Trey Gowdy:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding H.R. 3799, the Hearing Protection Act of 2015. I appreciate hearing from you and value your input.

H.R. 3799 amends the Internal Revenue Code to eliminate the $200 tax on firearm silencers. Additionally, any person who pays a tax on a silencer after October 22, 2015 may receive a refund of such tax. This bill has been referred to the House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means and the Committee on the Judiciary. I serve on the Judiciary Committee and will keep your thoughts in mind if the Committee considers this legislation.

Thank you again for contacting our office. We hope you will let us know if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Trey Gowdy
    Member of Congress

Feedback Score
    The Fed gov makes a shitpile of money on nfa transfers. It's the probably one tax we freely hand over.
    Suppressors most likely are the biggest source of that money, followed by sbr and sbs transfers.
    They aren't going to give that up easily.

Even if this passes, I'd be surprised to see any refunds.
    It could also change into a 4473 and nics check sale, with the $200 tax still present, just sent at time of sale.
    Even so, as an over-the-counter sale, that'd be a major improvement.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Honestly the $200 tax doesn't bother me nearly as much as the wait. I'd throw a party if they went NICS check even with the tax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Does federal preemption in this bill? to cover states such as CA not allow NFA?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seainc View Post
    Does federal preemption in this bill? to cover states such as CA not allow NFA?
    There's not a whole lot of wording in the whole bill, which can be read here.

However, it does include:

SEC. 4. PREEMPTION OF CERTAIN STATE LAWS IN RELATION TO FIREARM SILENCERS.

Section 927 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a law of a State or a political subdivision of a State that, as a condition of lawfully making, transferring, using, possessing, or transporting a firearm silencer in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, imposes a tax on any such conduct, or a marking, recordkeeping or registration requirement with respect to the firearm silencer, shall have no force or effect.”.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast