Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: hearing protection act

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just got a response (Probably form-fill) Email from my state senator regarding this after I signed through SilencerCo. Pretty cool.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 11-15-16 at 10:41.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    Honestly the $200 tax doesn't bother me nearly as much as the wait. I'd throw a party if they went NICS check even with the tax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    AMEN! That would be a compromise I'd happily go for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    AMEN! That would be a compromise I'd happily go for.
    We could easily see a situation where suppressors are legal, but threaded barrels and flash suppressors are not in some states. I'll bet we see a revolution in attachments methods that don't involve threading barrels.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Contacted my representatives though they would probably be more for it than most. I'll take just about anything to get the wait down. I would be fine with a license like a CHL even. The ATF already knows me so I don't care if I have to go through another one of their background checks if it means I can walk into Capitol Armory and out with a can in the same day.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I suppose if suppressors are removed from the NFA, we would be free to make our own for personal use?

scott

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A5scott View Post
    I suppose if suppressors are removed from the NFA, we would be free to make our own for personal use?

scott
    If they were totally removed, probably so.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    There's not a whole lot of wording in the whole bill, which can be read here.

However, it does include:

SEC. 4. PREEMPTION OF CERTAIN STATE LAWS IN RELATION TO FIREARM SILENCERS.

Section 927 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a law of a State or a political subdivision of a State that, as a condition of lawfully making, transferring, using, possessing, or transporting a firearm silencer in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, imposes a tax on any such conduct, or a marking, recordkeeping or registration requirement with respect to the firearm silencer, shall have no force or effect.”.
    My guess is that any provision that removes an individual state's right to address anything firearm-related has zero chance of making it into the final bill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A5scott View Post

scott
    You'd think so, based on how 80% lowers are treated.

Plus, the discussion of what constitutes a "silencer part" should be null and void, so making replacement baffles and doing some R&D on your own should be legal.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-15-16 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You'd think so, based on how 80% lowers are treated.

Plus, the discussion of what constitutes a "silencer part" should be null and void, so making replacement baffles and doing some R&D on your own should be legal.
    Yeah pulling them from Nfa means they're either Title I or not a firearm. Either way personal construction is gravy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Come on guys. Do you really think the federal government is going to give up the cash cow that is NFA? Suppressors make up the majority of funds transferred via form submission. Best case they are removed from forms and you pay the $200 the day you purchase a can and fill out a 4473. This in and of itself would probably skyrocket can sales to even higher levels than we are seeing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast