I bought a Scarab PC last year for work and the only thing I don't particularly care for is the cummerbund (and I knew that when I ordered it, but the other features were more important). Now I'm finding that I would like to have a more complete IFAK than the HSGI Bleeder pouch i've got on it currently (and I'd also rather have it more at the 9-10 o'clock position to get it off of the front of my chest). Having a cummerbund that accepts soft armor inserts would give me more protection when I'm not wearing my concealable vest outside of work, and it would make a more stable platform for mounting other stuff to as needed. Trying to keep the whole thing as small of a profile as possible, but the stock cummerbund keeps getting twisted when I put it on and it's gotten old.

The Scarab has three holes on each side of the rear plate pocket, one for each of the velcro straps that hold the cummerbund on. As best I can tell, I would have to get a seamstress or tailor (know a bunch, and I don't trust my own handiwork) to cut the pocket and turn the three single holes into one long slit to allow a full-size cummerbund to fit through it and secure on the back plate pocket.

Scarab cummerbund:

PIG cummerbund:

Has anyone ever done this?