Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinnable 300BLK Can to Avoid Additional Stamp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pinnable 300BLK Can to Avoid Additional Stamp

At this point it is just an idea but I'm thinking of having my 300BLK barrel cut to 12in or so and then having a suppressor pinned on to avoid SBRing the lower.

The rifle in question is a Ruger SR556TD. It is a piston gun and I'm going to be limited by the length of the forend and the location of the gas block.

I like the rifle and have used it quite a bit with my AAC can attached. But this makes for a long and very front heavy configuration hence my desire to shorten things up. Also, I use the rifle suppressed about 90% of the time so I'm not opposed to "donating" a can specifically to this barrel.

In the end this will give me the ability to suppress the gun as a 300BLK and also the ability to go unsuppressed with the installation of the 5.56 barrel.

So what cans are available? Does anyone make a 300BLK version of the Griffin Spartan 3?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Surefire Genesis
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Genesis is no doubt a great can but is overbuilt for my needs.

I'm thinking something like the SilCo Omega 9K would work better. It is supposedly rated for both supers and subs. It is also nearly half the weight of the Genesis and is shorter too.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    the sig SRD 762. or sig 762TI, but I think I'd go with the steel version. 15 ounces and under $550

scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think the Omega 9k you'd have to silver soldier the mount to the suppressor body, and you'd have to find out if that's legal. Does the Ruger have a pistol length gas system? You could probably get something like a Noveske (or BCM) 9.5" or 10.5" and swap out the barrel, rather than cutting. If your pinning and welding, I think you'd want something more like the SF genesis or Sig can, as far as durability and sound suppression, but that's my opinion. I'm sure the 9k is awesome, and I want one, but for 300BLK, wouldn't you rather decibel levels around 121 db rather than 133db as with the 9k?
    And honestly, I'd say SBR it. unless you are constantly traveling out of home state with it.

scott

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Ruger is a piston gun with a midlength gas system. Despite what most people seem to think, the piston works fine with the 300BLK and also works fine so far away from the chamber. Ruger is using a large expansion chamber on the 300 which no doubt overcomes the shortcomings of the Blackout in other external piston designs.

The SIG suppressor might be a good choice although I'm not thrilled about the weight. As it would seem with most 30cal cans, these are built for 308 Win and similar so they'll probably be overkill on a Blackout.

Feedback Score
    Just wondering, could you use a 7.62 Omega, then have a new direct thread cap made so it could be pinned?

not sure if that would be allowed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'd collect the 2nd stamp and avoid all the hassle. Then you're 5.56 upper can be short too. Run the same suppressor on both. $200 is a lazy day at the range shooting 300blk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Remember if you get a baffle strike or have a issue with the can you may void a warranty depending on how the can is attached. Sending the upper with the can may be problematic. If it were me, buy the second stamp. Its only 200 more after the cost of the can, tax, and the 200 tax.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Perm attach a shroud instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast