Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAN advice

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

CAN advice

hey i have 18in,16in,14.5 in ars and am looking to pick up a can soon. kinda narrowed it to a surefire socom or griffin m4sd ii. it will be used only for 5.56 and the main things i'm looking for is, POI shift, blowback, longevity and durability as i shoot a lot and run my stuff hard. weight is a thing but as long as it's not too bad it's a non issue. length also is a thing for me but i'm not doing any cqb type training and i live on a farm. any advice is appreciated thanks
    Last edited by dylank0723; 11-09-16 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    looking at picking up a can in the coming months and have narrowed it down to surefire or the griffin armament m4sd ii. what's everyone's opinions on them? it'll be used hard. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Assuming your talking about a surefire RC? Both good choices.. but..

What are your priorities with a can? Blowback, POI, Etc, etc? Is this for one specific rifle? If so, what barrel length, etc. Totally different mounting systems with different muzzle devices. Are you invested in either? What decisions have you made to lead you to these two in particular?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Assuming your talking about a surefire RC? Both good choices.. but..

What are your priorities with a can? Blowback, POI, Etc, etc? Is this for one specific rifle? If so, what barrel length, etc. Totally different mounting systems with different muzzle devices. Are you invested in either? What decisions have you made to lead you to these two in particular?
    yea surefire socom rc, looking for something fairly quiet, very durable and long lasting with minimal POI shift. will be used on everything from a 18,16,14.5, and eventually a 11.5 inch barrel

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    yea surefire socom rc, looking for something fairly quiet, very durable and long lasting with minimal POI shift. will be used on everything from a 18,16,14.5, and eventually a 11.5 inch barrel

I would go for a mini can if your rifles are 18,16, and 14.5. If, and when, you get a 11.5, the mini will be very handy and you can decide if you need a full size can on it down the road. 5.56 is not quiet no matter what. 5.56 is loud and requires ears even with a can. Surefire RC's are not the quietest, but excel in almost all other categories.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would go for a mini can if your rifles are 18,16, and 14.5. If, and when, you get a 11.5, the mini will be very handy and you can decide if you need a full size can on it down the road. 5.56 is not quiet no matter what. 5.56 is loud and requires ears even with a can. Surefire RC's are not the quietest, but excel in almost all other categories.
    how's it compare to the griffin

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have had limited range time behind the Griffin. Probably 300 rounds on that specific can. I personally do not own one, or have enough time behind it to give you any detailed "surefire vs griffin" arguments. It worked as advertised, but nothing that my surefire's and other cans don't already do for me.

I would start over, with questions like.... I own 18 inch, 16 inch, and 14.5 barreled Ar's. I want _____________ out of my can. My uses are ____________________. My priorities are __________________. I want to use _____________ type of mounting system. I am going to use them only on 5.56 rifles? Or also use on _________________. Weight is or is not a concern to me??

Then you might be suprised what options people will suggest. Starting off a thread with... "looking at picking up a can in the coming months and have narrowed it down to surefire or the griffin armament m4sd ii. what's everyone's opinions on them? it'll be used hard. thanks" isn't much help when looking for advice on a suppressor.

how's it compare to the griffin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have had limited range time behind the Griffin. Probably 300 rounds on that specific can. I personally do not own one, or have enough time behind it to give you any detailed "surefire vs griffin" arguments. It worked as advertised, but nothing that my surefire's and other cans don't already do for me.

I would start over, with questions like.... I own 18 inch, 16 inch, and 14.5 barreled Ar's. I want _____________ out of my can. My uses are ____________________. My priorities are __________________. I want to use _____________ type of mounting system. I am going to use them only on 5.56 rifles? Or also use on _________________. Weight is or is not a concern to me??

Then you might be suprised what options people will suggest. Starting off a thread with... "looking at picking up a can in the coming months and have narrowed it down to surefire or the griffin armament m4sd ii. what's everyone's opinions on them? it'll be used hard. thanks" isn't much help when looking for advice on a suppressor.
    changing it up now thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have a look at DeadAir if you're open to other options. I think they have the best mounting system on the market.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Griffin M4 line is nice, it's essentially a poor man's Knight's NT4 in concept. The A2 gated mount is a good buying point if you're not really into buying a bunch of mounts(Brakes/Hiders) for all your rifles. The Surefire is probably the most durable and from what I've seen, just as quiet. Mounts are available which is a great thing. The Surefire and it's mounts are more expensive but so is the NFA game, just keep that in mind as you make your decision.

With all of that said. I have a SilencerCo Saker 556 and a NT4 for my 556 cans. My NT4 is the best can I own hands down. The Saker is a really nice can but I've seen some of the MAAD mounts fail so I have a hard time recommending one even though mine hasn't. Most guys will opt for the ASR mount system and SiCo's customer service has been great for the guys who's MAAD mounts have failed. I Don't know if you've ever heard 5.56 suppressed but it's not hearing safe, it's still supersonic and the "crack" is ever present. Hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 11-14-16 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast