Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinnable 300BLK Can to Avoid Additional Stamp

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Although the price is high, Templar Tactical aka Crux Suppressors has DT models that fit the bill. Their 6" 30cal would work, or even their skinnier cans.

BigWaylon - where are the shrouds available? I looked a while back since us Marylanders have minimum OAL requirements for SBRs. Couldn't find anything.

... what about boring out the Griffin Spartan 3? Seems like the right solution with respect to cost. And can you thread a 30cal barrel in 1/2x28?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess if money was no object I'd do something like a Delta P Brevis II. That'd probably be ideal in terms of length and weight.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    FYI, silver soldering is an approved method of permanently attaching something to the muzzle of a barrel.

Their words are, "solder with a melting temp of 1100 degrees or higher".

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    BigWaylon - where are the shrouds available? I looked a while back since us Marylanders have minimum OAL requirements for SBRs. Couldn't find anything.
    Don't know. Always figured I'd have a local machinist make one if I ever went that route.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SILENCERCO says welding/pinning will void any warranty. So the Omega is out.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    SILENCERCO says welding/pinning will void any warranty. So the Omega is out.

I asked griffin armament the same thing regarding the spartan 3 and yes the warranty will be toast too. pretty sure same goes for sig.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A5scott View Post
    I asked griffin armament the same thing regarding the spartan 3 and yes the warranty will be toast too. pretty sure same goes for sig.
    Why would the warranty be void, the Spartan is made to pin? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Why would the warranty be void, the Spartan is made to pin? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It's made to pin, but removing the pin may destroy the can. GA said they aren't setup to remove a destroyed mount and attach a new one, therefor the can is garbage. If anyone does go this route, it would be good to have someone that can surgically remove the pin and save the can. or flush cut the barrel, and drill it out from the center until the bits of barrel fall out of the suppressor mount. Sacrifice the barrel to save the can. I'm not even sure that is possible though.

scott

Feedback Score
    Prior to SBRs being legalized in WA I took two different approaches to do this.

1) I had a AAC Ranger 2 permanently attached to a 12.5 inch AR in 556. It works great.

The advantages are several: its a one stamp gun. It is optimized (buffers, gas ports, zeros...) to run with a can. I went with a large handguard that extends over the junction of the barrel to the can. Works great. Looks cool too.
    The disadvantages: Cleaning the barrel is a bit of a pain. If you get a baffle strike, you are going to have a tough time. I suppose you can drill it off, but I'll bet that the hole would be frowned upon by the warranty department. There is also a science/art to getting them to run really well. My best friend did the exact same system, same barrel, same everything, but with a Raider can. The backpressure is different, and it hasn't been as reliable as mine - which has had no issues at all.

So my advice, get a pistol lower, and try as many of these cans on short barrels as you can. Make sure what you get will work with your piston... Or at least, buy a can that a reputable source says works on your system.

The barrel shroud is another approach I took. This one was a 9mm upper. The shroud is permanently attached to the barrel. My SWR Octane 9 can slides into that shroud and sticks out the front an inch or so. Advantages: It is a no stamp gun. It also allows you to move the can from platform to platform. The disadvantage: heavier than it needs to be and longer (by a couple of inches) than it could be as an SBR. Another thing to be careful of is making sure that you take the can off when you are not using it. Getting a can stuck in a shroud, or worse, having it unscrew itself in the shroud sucks ass. I have never seen one of these on a rifle caliber, but they do work. On the shroud, make sure your bottom is unvented, so if you are shooting it without the can, you don't burn yourself with the muzzle flash.

Oh and when you sell it, its just a rifle... which is also handy.

SO it can be done. Either will work. Having said that, if you can get an SBR in your state, I'd just do that and be done.
    Last edited by KTR03; 11-15-16 at 11:53.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Don't know. Always figured I'd have a local machinist make one if I ever went that route.
    I had a local gunsmith make me one. Its basically a piece of steel tube welded to the front of a barrel (he preferred that to aluminum, and as it is subject to abuse - I agreed). It came out great.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast