Thread: Robert Keller Carbine video on Panteao - Anyone seen it?

Feedback Score

Robert Keller Carbine video on Panteao - Anyone seen it?

He has a great resume, but part of me wonders what is left to be said that the dozens of other carbine videos (including many Panteao videos) haven't already covered.

Anyone seen it? To be clear, it doesn't have to be new and different instruction for me to find value in it. If it's particularly good or well-organized instruction (of the well worn basics) then I'll get it.

(In fact, I don't like the 'I'm going to do things differently just to stand out' instruction that we sometimes see.)

thanks.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I've seen it. It's a great video. He does alot of drills and explains how they are done. It's an excellent video with many excellent shooting drills.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've seen the video along with almost all the others ones currently streaming on Panteao. It's not much different than the others in terms of instruction. There are different drills on it.

I thought it was good but I'm not an operator and a pretty hardcore newb to ar's. I'd recommend it to a new shooter for sure. I can't speak much beyond that.

Feedback Score
    Nothing new and he comes off as a tool.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clg9mm View Post
    Nothing new and he comes off as a tool.
    I didn't get that from him at all. I thought he was an excellent instructor and taught excellent tactics, techniques and drills. He also has years of combat experience under his belt in the most elite special operations unit in the world.

Feedback Score
    He had the sling on backwards half the video. He explained that he shoots armor up range toward the enemy and with the stock fully extended because when somebody grabs the rifle you have more control. It is for recoil management and transition control, if the bad guy grabbed you're rifle you screwed up all ready. When he goes to demonstrate his shooting stance with the stock fully extended he is bladed off on a severe angle not armor up range. No concept that unless you are 6' 11" you aren't shooting with the stock fully extended and keeping your armor up range. It looks like somebody threw a script of the tacticool jargon together for him to read and parrot a couple made up drills to cash in on his military background.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When you say he had the sling on backwards, do you mean he had it over his right shoulder? If so, that is an option available, it's personal preference. He clearly states he's not a gear guy, which I found refreshing, so maybe he does have it on backwards.

I enjoyed the video, and it's focus on the basics, stressing to "stop the video here if you can't do this drill, once you can do it, continue".

Also, he really stressed shooting from both shoulders well, and how important that is, much more than any instructor I've seen. I found it interesting that he prefers single point slings due to that.

Dave

Feedback Score
    No he had the sling rotated upside down with the length adjustment backassward. Gear guy or not you're doing a video have your shit together. It was not on purpose because part way thru he fixed it off camera. I think it was chapter 3. Just a piss poor video with a bad script, couple half assed drills to cash in on his background. Panteao has real gone down hill lately.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    "Gear guy" is someone who's reading blogs, ogling the Crye catalog, debating kryptek vs multicam, and knows that Vortex is making a holographic optic.
    A professional knows how to use all of his gear, to include his sling.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wouldn't recommend to a liberal.