Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x39mm gel test: Golden Tiger 124 gr FMJ

Feedback Score

7.62x39mm gel test: Golden Tiger 124 gr FMJ

https://youtu.be/9XO9V_TmOnI

Golden Tiger is highly recommended on the forums for SHTF ammo in 7.62x39mm because it is supposed to yaw very early, like M67. Is this perception warranted? If you were to sully yourself with peasant ammo, would you buy Golden Tiger? What's your favorite 7.62x39mm round for a rainy day?

Impact velocity: 2,386 fps
    Penetration: > 16"
    Neck: approximately 4"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's pretty much what I stock up on. It's a good balance between price and quality.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Com-bloc steel cased 7.62x39mm is all the same from any brand in my opinion. I've heard of people who shoot the slr107 report issues with primer strikes when firing GT. Personally I've shot 2000 rnds of GT out of my slr107 and never had an issue. The only true advantage of GT over any other brand is the sealed neck. In my opinion I think unsealed is just as good for long term storage as sealed, as long as it's not being stored underwater. If you are worried about ballistic performance go with Hornady or Winchester and pay a premium for QC and consistency. All that being said it is an AK and the round was created 80 years ago, most people who shoot them realize this and know the ballistic limitations. So have fun and shoot and store whatever is cheapest.

Feedback Score
    In my testing, Russian soft points have consistently performed well (relatively speaking). If you can afford it, Fusion is probably the best defense ammo available in the caliber. S&B soft point also worked well and is reasonably priced. If you must have cheap, go with 122 - 124 gr commie soft point.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Thanks for your hard work

Feedback Score
    My pleasure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey Andrew,

Really enjoy watching these ammo gel test videos. Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. I was wondering if I could donate some 5.56 for testing? I have some Barnes Precision Match 69gr and 85gr 5.56 ammo that maybe you'd like to test? Not much info about the terminal performance of these rounds, and there's no videos on Youtube of anyone shooting these into gel.

Let me know if you're interested.

Feedback Score
    Absolutely. I can't make any promises as to how long it might take, but I'd be happy to test them. I cleared out inbox, but you can also email me at choppingblocktests@gmail.com.

Feedback Score
    I enjoyed the vid, and subscribed to your channel, keep up the interesting work. I haven't "put away" and GT, but I'll have to keep an eye out for a good deal on some. Most of my rainy day 7.62x39 is original Wolf MC- the greenish looking ones, or Chi-Com bronze colored rounds that are older than I am.

Feedback Score
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast