Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
I was looking at the SOFTT, and that metal buckle - that looked like it might be more difficult to get latched with bloody hands and adrenaline pumping (shaky hands).
In a word, no. It has its own particulars, but there are some things about it that mitigate them too. I also recommend working that buckle a number of times when the TQ is new to make the process a little smoother.

When you refer to the "elastic tourniquet's" are you talking about the RAT? I haven't seen any of them out in anyone's kit, but I'm not a medic either.
Yes, SWAT-T, TK4, RATS, and any others similarly constructed.

I don't think I own any Gen 7's. Most of mine are still within exp. date, but honestly, I do not know what version they are. can you clarify "peds TQ"?
Thanks!
Pediatric use, or small diameter limb that a CAT or SOFTT-W won't close enough around to compress. I have had some IBOs that couldn't use a SOFTT-W or CAT.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
Doesn't really matter what generation it is as long as it's not ancient. Gen 7's are just beefier and less prone to breakage.

Peds=Pediatric AKA Minor/Infant/Youth
This. Newer CATs (as of gen 5 or so?) are also longer, which is helpful for beefier folks.