Thread: Form 20 Help

Feedback Score

Form 20 Help

I'll be traveling to my farm/land (TN) and hometown (MS) over the holidays and wanted to take my sbr with me. I know that I need a Form 20 approved before I can travel with it, but am a little uncertain about how to fill out certain portions.

Box 4. Should I list yes or no for serviceable?

Box 7. My farm/land in TN does not have an address. Has anyone come across this problem before and how was it addressed on the form?

Box 8. Can I just list "personal vehicle" for mode of transportation or do they want make, model, year, and license plate number?

Also, can this form be submitted online or does it have to be mailed in? I called and was told that it was a 30-45 day wait time for approval meaning it probably won't get approved in time for travels. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this for me.
    Last edited by hbrogers; 11-15-16 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    See if this post helps. In the meantime:

•Serviceable is "Yes" if it's a working firearm.
    •They used to take all kinds of things like GPS Coordinates, street intersections, etc...but lately they seem to want an actually address. Just pick something nearby.
    •"Personal vehicle" is sufficient
    •You can't file in eForms, but you can mail, fax or email
    •You might be able to include a cover letter explaining the rush and include an email address or fax number where they can send a copy that gets back faster than the mailed copy (technically you could travel with it approved but not received, as they have records of it should anybody call and verify)
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-15-16 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    That's what I needed to know. Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Big Waylon is the pro in NFA forms.

FYI it took about 16 days mailbox to mailbox for my 20s a few months ago