Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 26" AR barrel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure what the OP is wanting to accomplish, but FWIW I built a precision AR with a 20" barrel and was easily banging steel plates all day long out at 800 yards. I used a great match-grade barrel, Geissele precision/match trigger, a great stock system and a high quality optic, then the rest was on me, the shooter. I see no point in using a longer barrel.

Feedback Score
    800 yards even 900 yards I can pull off with my 20" build also. The bullets I'm running in the accuracy node in my 20" destabilize past 900 yards. I ordered a 24" bull barrel got the thing built and haven't been out to my 1000 yard range since maybe this weekend I'll get out and play some.

Feedback Score
    I did chrono the same hand loads in the new barrel and gained 100fps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    If you want higher velocities with the .223, you might think about chambering your rifle in .223 Ackley Improved. It's much easier to achieve higher velocities with case capacity than it is with barrel length. The upside is that factory ammo can be used in the rifle to fire form the AI cases. The AI chambering makes case trimming a thing of the past too.

SamM
    Or the new .22 Nosler or one of the .22/5.56 x6.8 offerings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234