Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scout Light benefits?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I can't offer you hard numbers, so I'll give you my feels...

I have an M300 in a Thorntail and two 6P's in ring mounts from IWC. The 6P's make for really good WML's; cheap, tough, and bright. The Scout is in a league of it's own and is well worth the money. The amount of light it puts out and the distance it sends the light makes me feel very comfortable with it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Slightly on-topic. After having a '13 Mustang with the HID lights (my wife inherited it from me), my Nifty 150's traditional headlights are such a joke in comparison it ain't funny. I considered HIDs gimmicky until I spent a year with them.
    Really? I've never used them so I still consider them gimmicky.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I thought they were just for the bling of it.

One you go ultra white - you're doing it right.

It's literally the difference between an old Incan P60 Surefire and an M600U.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Really? I've never used them so I still consider them gimmicky.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup, and it'll be great when we have a head on collision from your HID's blinding me. Hope you enjoy my brights in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I thought they were just for the bling of it.

One you go ultra white - you're doing it right.

It's literally the difference between an old Incan P60 Surefire and an M600U.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Yup, and it'll be great when we have a head on collision from your HID's blinding me. Hope you enjoy my brights in your eyes.
    1, HID's with reflectors (what modern cars are coming with) are different than HID's without reflectors that 17 year olds put in their Civics and glare everyone.

2, hitting your brights and making both drivers blind is unhelpful. Look at the white line like everyone else.
    Last edited by Uprange41; 01-12-17 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have HID lights in the jeep. But there is a massive difference in HID lights that are actually part of a system/designed into the vehicle, and what happens when someone sticks them in regular reflectors or whatever else they do.

Same as LED headlights. They can either be great for the driver AND everyone else, they can be great for the driver and blind everyone else, or they can just suck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are right. I don't care about the normal OEM ones that are regulated and DOT approved. It's the awful aftermarket blinding ones. I don't know much about HIDs or their reflectors, but I know some of the aftermarket ones are blinding, and those are the ones I have issue with.

But if you're one of the annoying little punks with the blinding HIDs.....Enjoy my lifted truck's brights at eye level.

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    1, HID's with reflectors (what modern cars are coming with) are different than HID's without reflectors that 17 year olds put in their Civics and glare everyone.

2, hitting your brights and making both drivers blind is unhelpful. Look at the white line like everyone else.
    Last edited by seedubs1; 01-12-17 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If there's one thing I hate about trucks (+/- lifted), most drivers don't shut off their damn headlights while they wait in the 15+ min line trying to get onto the base.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Feel free to write to Ford, and express your frustration with including HIDs as OEM lighting here:

https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Arisaka scout set ups on my guns are far superior to my P60 clones... as far as defensive house lighting goes anyway. I don't notice any lack of light, but the beam is much better. The slimmer profile is an obvious bonus too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast