Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What next for the AR15 market now that Trump is elected? (A Stick Op-ed piece)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    After a collective pause, people are right back to calling and e-mailing us for quality AR's (BCM, Colt, etc), which I am still out of and remain hard to get.

C4
    So buisness as usual

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think (and hope) that HB 3799 (Hearing Protection Act of 2015) should become law. Everyone needs to support it. Eighty-six years have passed since Congress passed the NFA of 1935, and it's arguable that it was wrong-headed then, and is even more so now. No suppressor is truly hearing-safe; no Hollywood scene truly depicts that a suppressor makes a firearm discharge indistinguishable from background noise; no criminal is guaranteed safe from identification from a firearms crime committed with a suppressor. Few crimes committed ever involve a suppressor. Why are we paying a $200 tax and waiting months for approval for a product that's the moral equivalent of the RU-486 "morning after pill"? Digame......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agree, Stickman. I'd take it a step further and say why acquire shoddy gear in the first place? Buy once, cry once. I hope all the guys who bought up crap gear in the hopes of flipping it for profit choke on their own inventory.

That said, I stocked up... just enough. Prior to the election, I felt I had enough to survive lean times if they came (being stationed in CA, lean times are coming anyway ). But post-election, I don't feel I stocked up TOO much. So, just enough. Even better, my time in CA is temporary, so it's nice to be reasonably sure I'll still have the ability to acquire suppressors and such later on.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 11-17-16 at 20:54.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    So buisness as usual

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Pretty much. We will see 5.56 bulk ammo prices fall (as tons of distributors and manufacturers have been hoarding it).

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Pretty much. We will see 5.56 bulk ammo prices fall (as tons of distributors and manufacturers have been hoarding it).

C4
    Saving this for later Grant, so when you start selling Ammo cheaper let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Saving this for later Grant, so when you start selling Ammo cheaper let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1, I'll also take a BFH 11.5 when it comes in as well.

Feedback Score
    I look for a collective sigh of relaxation in the firearms community....until the next school shooting or something like that. Then the left will go all out to demonize the pro-gun people like they always do.

It remains to be seen if Trump will stick to his latter-day pro 2A stance. I worry he will cave on some things like other Republican presidents have.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not slowing down. 3 elections in a row I'm not where I want to be.

Never again.

I've got some time and ability now to make that happen. Just recently got a nice foundation to build my ammo fort on.

The local Sportsman's Warehouse is so full of guns and ammo it is not even funny. It has been a very, very long time since I've seen it that full. The retailers were stockpiling everything in the bet that Hillary was going to win. If I was a retailer, I would have made that bet too.

My hope is that if the hearing protection act and a 50 State concealed carry can be passed, maybe enough new people will be brought into the fold that the current infrastructure will remain. I don't like seeing small businesses more manufacturers of any size go away. As a former small business by myself, it genuinely sucks to have to shut down. I really hope that the upswing and momentum in the Firearms World continues. It's one of the few things that has the majority of the product made, sold, and used here. Plus all of the associated infrastructure with it.

Hell, just the hearing protection act alone could revolutionize the entire business. All of those guns that are out there that either don't have suppressors, or need to be threaded for it. Better yet, how about somebody just come up with an add-on attachment that doesn't require threading? Can you imagine the Gunsmithing & Manufacturing work?

The gun industry is a great industry. I really wish it can keep growing like it is. Collapse within the industry isn't going to do anybody any good. Correction, maybe. But I hope that we can work through it and the current people in the business will be allowed to remain profitable and continue on.

I have some cool ideas that I have come up with and have started testing out. If I can acquire enough capital, I may find myself in the gun industry one of these days. However, I'm going to do it a little smarter and not let it be a failure by committing every small biz cardinal sin the was like my last small business.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The production cost of ammo will control its retail price. Yes, some outfits will blow it out to recover inventory costs. Commodity prices of lead and especially copper are two major factors. Increasing costs of doing business including inflation are factors. I agree that we'll see good deals, but how good is determined by many variables.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Truth is that right now we just get to take a break; it's our chance to regain any lost ground in regards to the 2A. Regardless of the small wins we've had, in the bigger picture, we've been slowly "dying from a 1000 cuts" as someone put it. With the chance to get a pro 2A administration and SC nominee we can buy some time.

Right now is the time to buy and stock up with all of the cheap, but quality parts being available.

Not to sound negative, but 4 years from now we might see another panic. The left will pick, as usual, a crazy far left wing candidate. This time they're also going to be far more motivated to go out and vote. You guys in red states probably don't see it as much, but take it from someone from So CA.

Ever since Tuesday nights it's been non stop demonstrations, protests, seminars on how to take back America. I've already seen people around here wearing "Rise again" Dem themed printed shirts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast