Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steyr SSG 04

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    Last week, I picked up the SSG 04. This thing is a work of art. If it shoots as good as it looks, I'll be quite happy with it. The hammer forged barrel is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The 10-round adapter has already been installed. A new black 1750 Pelican rifle case needs to be ordered for it. My Harris bipod is on it now. I've looked at several scopes. This rifle deserves a high end optic, for sure. All my optics may be switched over to Steiner after looking at their lineup.

SamM
    Looks like you made a good purchase. I'm a HUGE 300WM fan. We shot some of the new ELD 225 bullets with .777 BC on Sunday. It's a good time to be a 300 WM guy. Enjoy.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks Papabear,
    I've been a .300WM fan for a long time. I've owned several in the past. My last tactical rifle was a Remington 700P in .308W with a 3.5-10X40 Leupold M3 scope. We had fun with those rifles but I knew my next long-range rifle would be a .300WM. Steyr has done me right on all of my purchases. This gives me confidence in them as a company. As I said, this was the last .300WM SSG 04 available from Steyr Arms USA. Outfitting it over the Winter is the next plan of attack.

A new SilencerCo ASR muzzle brake for the SSG arrived today. I want the option of shooting it with my Omega suppressor.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 12-24-16 at 07:38.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I sold the SSG this morning. Something else caught my eye and I decided to sell everything and start over.

Sorry for not continuing this thread. I really wanted to see how the SSG performed. Easy come, easy go. I do not fall in love with them.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 01-16-17 at 00:16.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12