Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2 Twenty+ year old folders:

top: Gerber Applegate Combat Folder – First Production Run 1996 – bought from Col. Rex Applegate @ ’96 NRA Convention – 4.48” blade
    bottom: Benchmade Model 650 Boguszewski Spike – 4” blade – bought late ‘80s
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 05-14-18 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is a Becker BK2 that I stripped the thick finish off, reangled the blade, and reshaped the handles to my liking.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The bag was a giveaway at a conference and turned out to be a good throw-on for classes where I can carry tools, first aid, water, and a few magazines in case I get a chance to shoot. Most importantly I can get it off without much effort at lunch time ;-) . The funky looking monocular is from Wolf and it's actually pretty darn decent for ~$30. At 8X it works for reading targets at 50-plus yards.

And, attached on the back side:

This M-95 puukko is a favorite among Scandinavian servicemen. Designed by Finnish Defense Forces Captain J.P. Peltonen and as I understand it, made by him in his shop in a corner at the Fiskars factory. No fish hooks, no compass, no Damascus, just a simple but solid all-around blade. Finland has a blade culture; Mom always said when she was a little girl every Finlander had a Puukko, not carried for show.
    So this is what in English is, simply, the Ranger Knife. Knife being Puukko in Finnish. It is rather unfortunate for the US market that the Finnish word for Ranger (loose translation) is… Sissi. So this is the Sissipuukko. Sissi also / can also mean something like partisan or resistance / guerilla fighter. At any rate if you take a look at Finland's Winter War with Russia, "ain't no sissies".
    Shown with what I think are the ultimate in slugs and buckshot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    The bag was a giveaway at a conference and turned out to be a good throw-on for classes where I can carry tools, first aid, water, and a few magazines in case I get a chance to shoot. Most importantly I can get it off without much effort at lunch time ;-) . The funky looking monocular is from Wolf and it's actually pretty darn decent for ~$30. At 8X it works for reading targets at 50-plus yards.

And, attached on the back side:

This M-95 puukko is a favorite among Scandinavian servicemen. Designed by Finnish Defense Forces Captain J.P. Peltonen and as I understand it, made by him in his shop in a corner at the Fiskars factory. No fish hooks, no compass, no Damascus, just a simple but solid all-around blade. Finland has a blade culture; Mom always said when she was a little girl every Finlander had a Puukko, not carried for show.
    So this is what in English is, simply, the Ranger Knife. Knife being Puukko in Finnish. It is rather unfortunate for the US market that the Finnish word for Ranger (loose translation) is… Sissi. So this is the Sissipuukko. Sissi also / can also mean something like partisan or resistance / guerilla fighter. At any rate if you take a look at Finland's Winter War with Russia, "ain't no sissies".
    Shown with what I think are the ultimate in slugs and buckshot.

Nice setup and writeup!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Everybody should have one of these babies...

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    This is a new addition, but I've been wanting one for years.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Al Mar Hawk - This one was given to me by Al Mar at the 1992 S.O.F. Convention in Las Vegas.
    This was just a few months before Al died. R.I.P.
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 05-20-18 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

Al Mar Hawk - This one was given to me by Al Mar at the 1992 S.O.F. Convention in Las Vegas.
    This was just a few months before Al died. R.I.P.
    That certainly makes for a special blade.
    Stick

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast