Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Vltor A5 System

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    What's the benefit of the 13.7? I thought it was only to use with the Noveske pig to get to legal 16"
    The fire breathing pig isn't the only player in the game if you want to pin a 13.7 to make it 16.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My ignorance with springs is complete. I have some Sprinco greens and Blues (I think) but never took time to notice the difference between them and a Colt spring.

having said that, without too much of a hijack, somebody hit me with one post on difference between Green -Blue-Colt. ie, if I go from Colt to Green, what should I notice with my gun?

Im building a new 16 inch gun with Faxon middy barrel, Geissele 15 rail (if it ever ships) LMT MARS lower and I just bought an A5. I bought the buffer that came with the spring combo.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-09-17 at 09:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The spring that comes with A5 is generally GTG, but some find it a tad weak stripping rounds when things get filthy.

The green is slightly stronger and works well.

The blue is extra strength for carbine REs.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Interestingly, sprinco told me there was no difference in strength, only in increased longevity

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

The Vltor A5 System

Interestingly, sprinco told me there was no difference in strength, only in increased longevity
    I have two green springs and several copper Vltor rifle springs, along with BCM rifle, Colt Rifle, Brownells 17-7 rifle, and Wolff std rifle. The green spring is definitely slightly stronger. It’s much smaller than the step change between their Blue and Red carbine springs, but it’s there.

Also, the Sprinco green is an EXCELLENT spring. Just wanted to be clear on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 12-21-17 at 20:02.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Just wanna say. From my experience 2-3000 rounds thru classes and paperwork time. Not one issue. I’m running the oem vltor a5 kit on my kac sr15 upper. 16in. Saker brake. Zero recoil. Using ammo from Tula to green tips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebblesnmj View Post
    Just wanna say. From my experience 2-3000 rounds thru classes and paperwork time. Not one issue. I’m running the oem vltor a5 kit on my kac sr15 upper. 16in. Saker brake. Zero recoil. Using ammo from Tula to green tips.

Also runs perfect on Aac 300 blackout 16in upper. Subs and supers.

Feedback Score
    What about the bcm vs Vltor, not both mil spec?

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I have two green springs and several copper Vltor rifle springs, along with BCM rifle, Colt Rifle, Brownells 17-7 rifle, and Wolff std rifle. The green spring is definitely slightly stronger. It’s much smaller than the step change between their Blue and Red carbine springs, but it’s there.

Also, the Sprinco green is an EXCELLENT spring. Just wanted to be clear on that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What about the bcm vs Vltor, not both mil spec?
    They’re about the same. BCM might be ever so slightly stronger. BCM and Colt springs felt and shot identical.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Today I received two Geissele Super 42 rifle springs.

I look forward to testing them out. They work with standard rifle/A5 buffers unlike geissele carbine offering.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast