Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Arsenal 7.62 polymer mags have steel feedlips?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Typically, you can't mess up a military steel magazine.

Bulgarian steel mags are extremely high quality.

If you have a link to the ones you're talking about, that might help.

Arsenal Bulgaria does make some 20 rd. mags for testing their '74s in Bulgaria from a bench, I've seen a video of them, but I've never seen any here in the States.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    These are the ones I was asking about: http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/B..._Magazine.html

These are the 20 rounders I've got on order (although not from AIM): http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/H...pe_Rifles.html

I saw a picture on your forum where someone modified a 5.45 magazine to 20 rounds. Those Arsenal ones would be cool. Arsenal (US) or KVAR or whoever needs to bring over a shitload of magazines ASAP. KVAR is out of every single 5.45 magazine they stock (except an odd RPK mag), and all the 5.56 ones except "smoke" and 20's. I guess I picked a bad time to jump on the AK bandwagon...

Feedback Score
    I wish I had gotten a picture of it but the smoked mags without the steel insert in the feed lip WILL crack if left for a loaded prolonged period it happened to me. Mine was a .223 mag.

Feedback Score
    The ComBloc MilSpec didn't specify steel reinforcement, but no mag without steel reinforcement on the locking lip and lug will hold up to hard use.

The Bulgy waffle pattern mags are good. The slabside Bulgy mags are not. I haven't tested any of the the smoke, clear or colored Bulgy mags. The ProMags and the Tapco mags don't hold up either.
    "He who does not bellow the truth when he knows the truth makes himself the accomplice of liars and forgers." -- Charles Peguy

I currently teach for Tactical Response.

I have taught for Options for Personal Security, Tac Pro Shooting Center, and Shivworks, as well as teaching under my own banner.

I have given presentations at Tom Given's Polite Society Conferences, the National Tactical Invitational and Gabe Suarez's WarriorTalk Symposia.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by k_cheerangie View Post
    I wish I had gotten a picture of it but the smoked mags without the steel insert in the feed lip WILL crack if left for a loaded prolonged period it happened to me. Mine was a .223 mag.
    Were they Bulgarian Circle 10 mags or the others?

Feedback Score
    I was a double ten clear mag, but I remember the crack was here:

Double 10

I used to work at a rather large gun store in Florida for about a year stopped in June to go back to school.
    But during that time we used to rotate people to bring a long gun to the shop one week was my turn and I grab my Arsenal Ak and went to load it with one of the mags in the safe I tap the rounds back and the first one popped out. *WTF* check the mag see the crack.

That is why in another tread I had asked about PMAGs if the feed lips can crack if the dust cover is left off. People just said no but are the lips steel reinforced.

Feedback Score
    Templar why is yours a triple ten.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Templar: What brand is that kydex single magazine carrier? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    K_cheerangie, I'd call up K-Var and let them know the feed lips craked on you, they'll probably give you a new magazine.

I have no idea why it's a "triple 10", but yeah, it does look like there are actually 3 circles, but it's just a standard Arsenal Bulgaria 30 round "waffle pattern" 7.62x39mm polymer mag.

JStor, those are made by Raven Concealment in Ohio, great kit!

Their online store is www.themalabarfront.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here's a diagram showing the Arsenel Bulgarian polymer mag steel inserts from a DS Arms ad:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12