Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1282

Thread: Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I really wanted to go with the P-10C. Felt outstanding and splits the G17/19 size I always wanted. Had two and sold them both. Both had strikers that shifted to the right and plates that dropped down. Until a real fix comes down or redesign I am not going to trust my life on it. Question: What is the current status of the fixes and is that CZs permanent solution?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick07 View Post
    I really wanted to go with the P-10C. Felt outstanding and splits the G17/19 size I always wanted. Had two and sold them both. Both had strikers that shifted to the right and plates that dropped down. Until a real fix comes down or redesign I am not going to trust my life on it. Question: What is the current status of the fixes and is that CZs permanent solution?
    So far it seems that the bevel they put on the bottom of the plate is their answer.. If you go over to the CZ forum and ask about it, or rotating strikers, you'll find your post dissapears, or you question will be poo-poo'ed as nothing to worry about, several other people will chime in about how theirs is "flawless". But then again, there's one person over there who put an aftermarket trigger in his, and promply adjusted it down to under 4lbs, and uses it for EDC.. I don't know about anyone else but that's dangerous, IMO. I had P-10 as well, and got rid of it for the same reasons. One thing I did see over there is now, it seems that the P-10's frame is cracking around the holes of one of the coil pins on the inside of the frame, CZ says this isn't a problem, but it seems kinda funny to me, that you don't see this kind of thing with Glocks, HK's S&W, etc..Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I have a SP-01, and one of the steel framed SP-01 compacts, CZ's DA/SA pistols are probably among the best in the world, but with the P-10, I think that in the rush to get it to market, some issues were overlooked..

ETA;
    CZ did fix the striker rotation with a redesigned unit,this was done in-production, so they did'nt have to stop production, I'm not sure if CZ offered replacements to anyone who had a rotating striker, either..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-07-18 at 12:58.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Yes I did the same sanding on my factory trigger. I have always done it on Glocks also. I have a HBI trigger in my P10C now. It’s one of the early ones with the fangs on the bottom. I wish I would have waited for the current version. David
    https://youtu.be/yk_JbK4rcn8

It looks like I won't be going with the new CGW trigger. Apparently you can't leave the set screw out or the trigger safety falls out. I may go with the updated HBI without fangs. How do you like yours, other than the fangs?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post

ETA;
    CZ did fix the striker rotation with a redesigned unit,this was done in-production, so they did'nt have to stop production, I'm not sure if CZ offered replacements to anyone who had a rotating striker, either..
    I just noticed your edit. That's correct the striker issue is fixed in new production.

When I sent mine in for repair, I had a conversation with one of the gunsmiths. He said the warranty department isn't able to get new production parts. It's unfortunate they won't replace a part that has a known issue.

There's a thread on CZ forums tracking serial numbers of guns that have the updated part. In my limited sample size, anything above serial number C451xxx is good to go. Those have all been FDE with night sights. I've yet to find a black one that's corrected.

I went back to reexamine my striker and it does still rotate. They did install a new striker assembly but it's just like the old one. They said they fired it and say it's fine.

According to a few users, the CGW tool steel striker stops the rotation issue but I'm a little skeptical. They're also supposed to be addressing the entire striker assembly so we'll see what comes of it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    https://youtu.be/yk_JbK4rcn8

It looks like I won't be going with the new CGW trigger. Apparently you can't leave the set screw out or the trigger safety falls out. I may go with the updated HBI without fangs. How do you like yours, other than the fangs?
    It’s fine. The fangs aren’t that big of an issue and they actually help by forcing me to have perfect trigger finger placement or it pokes my finger. I don’t even notice it with slow fire just when I draw from a holster and shoot fast. I do prefer the flat trigger face. I can’t feel the safety al all when firing. The advertise reduced reset travel and such. I couldn’t really tell the difference. It was very easy to install. David

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

So far it seems that the bevel they put on the bottom of the plate is their answer.. If you go over to the CZ forum and ask about it, or rotating strikers, you'll find your post dissapears, or you question will be poo-poo'ed as nothing to worry about, several other people will chime in about how theirs is "flawless". But then again, there's one person over there who put an aftermarket trigger in his, and promply adjusted it down to under 4lbs, and uses it for EDC.. I don't know about anyone else but that's dangerous, IMO. I had P-10 as well, and got rid of it for the same reasons. One thing I did see over there is now, it seems that the P-10's frame is cracking around the holes of one of the coil pins on the inside of the frame, CZ says this isn't a problem, but it seems kinda funny to me, that you don't see this kind of thing with Glocks, HK's S&W, etc..Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I have a SP-01, and one of the steel framed SP-01 compacts, CZ's DA/SA pistols are probably among the best in the world, but with the P-10, I think that in the rush to get it to market, some issues were overlooked..

ETA;
    First I've heard of frame cracking. There may be one in the thread but it's by no means a common occurrence.

There will ALWAYS be those who pronounce a product to be "flawless" and maybe there's is. It ain't ever the norm.

There will also be those who will drag a product through the mud.

I've been quietly carrying my P-10C for over a year and it shoots better than any other polymer, striker-fired pistol I've ever shot.

And that's for accuracy and for drills.

I'm not sure what the Striker assembly rotation is; I admit I do not track every thread. I did hear of the Striker plate not being held in place and it would interfere with the slide on some number of pistols. Chamfering the edges of the inner surfaces cures this oversight and new parts can be ordered from CZ USA - or so I'm told.

The mag release (on a full mag) is "solved". I don't often drop full mags so I now like the fact that a concerted effort is required after having a mag fall into my car seat using a friend's FN 509.

I still don't like the sight selection but they work.

Trigger pull feel is all over the map with these pistols. I don't like that so I won't ever order one. My local store just had 12 in yesterday and I handpicked mine: super crisp trigger pull and the target was less than one half inch to the right of point of aim at 15m.

Ordered CGW firing pin and T-Block as well as tritium front sight as the pale orange ring does little for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 05-03-18 at 10:26.
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    First I've heard of frame cracking. There may be one in the thread but it's by no means a common occurrence.

There will ALWAYS be those who pronounce a product to be "flawless" and maybe there's is. It ain't ever the norm.

There will also be those who will drag a product through the mud.

I've been quietly carrying my P-10C for over a year and it shoots better than any other polymer, striker-fired pistol I've ever shot.

And that's for accuracy and for drills.

I'm not sure what the Striker assembly rotation is; I admit I do not track every thread. I did hear of the Striker plate not being held in place and it would interfere with the slide on some number of pistols. Chamfering the edges of the inner surfaces cures this oversight and new parts can be ordered from CZ USA - or so I'm told.

The mag release (on a full mag) is "solved". I don't often drop full mags so I now like the fact that a concerted effort is required after having a mag fall into my car seat using a friend's FN 509.

I still don't like the sight selection but they work.

Trigger pull feel is all over the map with these pistols. I don't like that so I won't ever order one. My local store just had 12 in yesterday and I handpicked mine: super crisp trigger pull and the target was one inch to the right of point of aim at 15m.

Ordered CGW firing pin and T-Block as well as tritium front sight as the pale orange ring does little for me.

Striker rotation is simply that, the leg of the striker rotates enough to catch on the pistols frame when firing, shutting the pistol down, this happened to enough people that caused CZ to redesign the striker assembly to prevent this. As far as the crack in the one hole in the frame, again, CZ dosen't think this is a problem, however, if I owned one, I'd keep an eye on that area. Concerning the backplate on the slide moving up and down, putting a bevel on the plate and calling it good isn't, and wasn't the answer..looking over at the CZ forun you can find at least one example of how this too, shut the pistol down. On the bright side however, in a thread about white nitriding over there, the OP posted a pic showing this new finish from CZ alongside his older black slide, showing the back, on the new slide, we see a notch cut into both the backplate and the slide, with I assume some sort of detent to keep the backplate solidly in place, another one of CZ's in line fixes. But, you can't get it unless you buy a new pistol.. In the same thread, the OP showed the underside of the new slide, noting that there was no battering on the backplate after being fired. It appears that this fix really works..I've been telling people for some time, that they should wait awhile before buying one of these, I still stand behind that, in about another year, all the bugs/shortcomings should've been addressed. Myself, I have switched over to DS/SA pistols as I feel they offer a higher level of saftey than any striker fired pistol can offer. If your P-10 works for you, great, drive on, for me, it had too many shortcomings, but that's the chance you take by being a early adopter. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by ralph; 04-25-18 at 14:29.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Striker rotation is simply that, the leg of the striker rotates enough to catch on the pistols frame when firing, shutting the pistol down, this happened to enough people that caused CZ to redesign the striker assembly to prevent this. As far as the crack in the one hole in the frame, again, CZ dosen't think this is a problem, however, if I owned one, I'd keep an eye on that area. Concerning the backplate on the slide moving up and down, putting a bevel on the plate and calling it good isn't, and wasn't the answer..looking over at the CZ forun you can find at least one example of how this too, shut the pistol down. On the bright side however, in a thread about white nitriding over there, the OP posted a pic showing this new finish from CZ alongside his older black slide, showing the back, on the new slide, we see a notch cut into both the backplate and the slide, with I assume some sort of detent to keep the backplate solidly in place, another one of CZ's in line fixes. But, you can't get it unless you buy a new pistol.. In the same thread, the OP showed the underside of the new slide, noting that there was no battering on the backplate after being fired. It appears that this fix really works..I've been telling people for some time, that they should wait awhile before buying one of these, I still stand behind that, in about another year, all the bugs/shortcomings should've been addressed. Myself, I have switched over to DS/SA pistols as I feel they offer a higher level of saftey than any striker fired pistol can offer. If your P-10 works for you, great, drive on, for me, it had too many shortcomings, but that's the chance you take by being a early adopter. Lesson learned.
    Got it.

I have one of each and I've not had issues (yet) with clocking of the Striker assembly or the slide plate. I was just in there replacing the firing pin with the CGW firing pin and there was no battering on the slide plate cover and I was able to rotate the Striker assembly but not much play was in it at all.

The newer one has the cutout in the rear of the slide.

I'll dig into that one as soon as the CGW striker comes in.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My take on the pistol FWIW:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    My take on the pistol FWIW:

Juicy

Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast