Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts after shooting it!
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 05-25-17 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if the FDE makes it stand out more, but to me, that is a really sharp looking handgun. No gimmicks, just styled from function. I guess I'll need to add this to my CZ 75.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    SSGuiderods captured spring guide rod for P07 also fits the P10C.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    went to the local fun store today and played with one of these. Trigger was decent, pretty much like a glock with an aftermarket trigger. The grip is aggressive, but not so bad that it hurt the hands. They had it for $499.99 which was pretty great, but I couldn't force myself to buy it considering it is basically CZ's glock 19 and it would require me to buy a bunch of mags. I think for someone getting into guns or someone looking for a first carry gun this would be great.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    I picked one up yesterday. CZ P-10C initial impressions... points very well, trigger is very good compared to almost any other striker gun (including the VP9 and PPQ), accurate from what I can tell (I'll bench it next week), reliable so far, sights are ok and are on at 15yds, very grippy where it has stippling, very slick where it doesn't, slide stop is damn near impossible to use because it's so stiff, mag release is stiff too but usable, mags are solid, recoil impulse is soft.
    BIGGEST PROBLEM: it was touted as compatible with most Glock 19 holsters. I have a huge selection of holsters and it kinda sorta fits in only one. That sucks. It was the main selling point for a G19 alternative for me. Oh well.

Also, out of the 4 my local gun shop had, one had a busted trigger from the factory. I heard the same about one of the demo guns at NRAAM. Apparently reset is weak or non-existent if the trigger is pushed to one side on some guns. Mine doesn't have this issue.
    Overall, a good buy at $499 retail. It won't be long before these are sub $450.

Having said that... It won't be replacing my Wilson EDC X9 or Langdon PX4 anytime soon!
    (Formerly known as Red State Tactical)
    m4carbine.net Technical Support Admin

"Why buy a Raptor when a Dakota will do the same job for less?" - Internet Experts

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Oh man I forgot about the mag release. Oddly shaped, small and was ridiculously hard to press. Good to hear others felt the same, and not surprised on the holster issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Agency View Post
    I picked one up yesterday. CZ P-10C initial impressions... points very well, trigger is very good compared to almost any other striker gun (including the VP9 and PPQ), accurate from what I can tell (I'll bench it next week), reliable so far, sights are ok and are on at 15yds, very grippy where it has stippling, very slick where it doesn't, slide stop is damn near impossible to use because it's so stiff, mag release is stiff too but usable, mags are solid, recoil impulse is soft.
    BIGGEST PROBLEM: it was touted as compatible with most Glock 19 holsters. I have a huge selection of holsters and it kinda sorta fits in only one. That sucks. It was the main selling point for a G19 alternative for me. Oh well.

Also, out of the 4 my local gun shop had, one had a busted trigger from the factory. I heard the same about one of the demo guns at NRAAM. Apparently reset is weak or non-existent if the trigger is pushed to one side on some guns. Mine doesn't have this issue.

Having said that... It won't be replacing my Wilson EDC X9 or Langdon PX4 anytime soon!
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Agency View Post

My first day in the range with the P10C exactly mirrored the above poster's experince. Should the slide stop and mag release eventually lossen up and become functional, it should be one hell of a firearm. In the meantime, it is regulated as a range gun only. I am a bit puzzled as to why the pistol comes out of the box unable to be used as a defensive handgun, it's intended purpose.
    Last edited by Linebacker; 05-27-17 at 15:19.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    First range session with P10c. Fired 650 rounds through it. Zero issues. Had two boxes of Remington UMC bulk and one box of Winchester Steel case. Both 115gr fmj.
    Tigger smoothed out very well. Trigger reset is excellent. So far I like it very much. Need some more magazines and more time with it.

First 15 rounds of Remington UMC bulk.

Son

My slow fire target at 15 yards is on top. Bottom is my son and I just banging away as fast as possible at 15 yards.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 05-27-17 at 16:09.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I had a FDE P10C arrive today. Here my initial impressions

Ok so a brief rundown, I really, really, like this thing. I have handled a ton of striker pistols over the past several years, and this one has really blown me away. It is virtually the same size as my 19, with the backstrap and slide being only slightly longer. The back strap being longer is a good thing, IMO, it fills my palm perfectly. That solves the gripe I have about the g19 grip and it being a tad to abbreviated for me. I can shoot it just fine, but much prefer the extended grip.

The slide being slightly longer isn't a big deal either, as the added length is in the rear of the P10, and sits over the web of the hand. This no doubt attributes to the reported flat shooting characteristics of the P10. Again the difference isn't much between the P10 and 19, and will be un noticeable when carrying.

The overall feel of the P10 is something that you will have to try. It is the most naturally feeling handgun I have held, it feels a bit like the VP9, or P30 grip. The texturing on the front and back straps is aggressive, and some will likely find it a bit too much.. This is easily remedied with some fine sandpaper and lightly rubbing it over the texture. I personally like it, and IMO it's nice to have something that is excessive for some, but can be fixed easily, rather than something with out enough grip. The grip itself is quite thin, and it feels it, and that's a good thing. I honestly can't see anyone not liking the way this gun feels. When I present the pistol using a two handed grip with my eyes closed, the sights are on target every time.

The internals on the P10 look seriously over engineered. Everything you can see looks like it was built for a tank, not a handgun. The trigger bar, and sear is one complete piece, much like the glock. The trigger bars moves rearward, and it reaches a point where it hits a ledge and is pushed down releasing the striker. Yes it function like a glock as the striker is only partially cocked when the slide cycles. Pulling the trigger completes the firing cycle.

The take up on the trigger is light, and just from dry firing has smooth out considerably since I first tried it. They have achieved this light take up by using dual trigger return springs. From what I can tell as Randy Lee of Apex stated, it appears the trigger weight can be lowered or raised by replacing those two springs. Personally I find the trigger pull perfect. It actually doesn't feel as light as the PPQ, but the break is much cleaner. Again this pistol is new and hasn't been shot. I suspect it will improve with shooting, although I like it as is. There is no overtravel at all, and that lends itself to the front sight staying perfectly still when the striker releases. The reset on this thing is ridiculous. It is the shortest reset I have seen on a striker gun. It is very glock like, very audible and tactile. If you like Glock triggers, your going to love this trigger, hands down.

The pistol feels very well put together. Nothing rattles, no excessive play anywhere, fitment is very glock like. There are no machine marks anywhere on the slide, inside or out. The finish is very uniformed and dark black. I'm going to try and go out and shoot it a bit tomorrow so I can comment on accuracy, function, and how it tracks with recoil. (I'll give a range report once I shoot it.)

At this point I can honestly say if the P10 is reliable, and as accurate as has been reported, this very well may replace my Glock. I have for a long time jotted down ideas about what I would want in a striker pistol. The P10 is very close to my ideal striker pistol. I can honestly say I can't think of a single thing on here I would change. The only complaint I HAD was the magazine release was a bit difficult, but has smoothed out nicely and is very easy to use now.

Is the P10 a Glock killer?...it is not likely to kill glock anytime soon, but it could likely cut into glocks market place. I know glock has a huge aftermarket, but there isn't anything the P10 needs other than maybe a set of night sights, and good duty holsters. That being said, if CZ can keep up with demand, and can get these out to more LE departments, they may just give glock a reason to step up their R&D. The P10 stands poised to at least take a bite out of the striker pie, and it may take a big piece. CZ did exactly what I suspected they set out to do....built a better Glock. There is no doubt after handling the P10 that CZ used the Glock as their starting point, and improved on it. Several officers handled the P10 here today and everyone of them said it "feels like a Glock, but better" and "where can I get one of those triggers".
    Only time will tell how it will do long term, but CZ has a pretty good record overall and I see no reason why the P10 will fall short on anything.

TXPO
    Thanks for your review.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can anyone comment on trigger reach? Longer/shorter than the G19?

Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast