Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are two things that scare me about CZ getting more, and more popular.

1. They drop their metal framed pistols.
    2. They open a U.S. production facility (yes I know they own Dan Wesson)

I think their Czech manufacturing hits the sweet spot between cost, and quality. I am not knocking the U.S. worker, just the U.S. cost structure. Beretta, Glock, FN, etc have succeeded at it though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

I think their Czech manufacturing hits the sweet spot between cost, and quality. I am not knocking the U.S. worker, just the U.S. cost structure. Beretta, Glock, FN, etc have succeeded at it though.
    I believe the opposite will occur if the CZP10C takes off AND they open a U.S. factory.
    Once CZ becomes a household,(or at least among LE), it will only work to increase demand, up production, and keep costs the same, or drive them lower.
    CZ could easily restructure their product line and simplify it. Do they need to make 47 varieties of the 75 series?

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    They could easily ship their investment cast blanks, which is the most specialized, technically difficult, and cost saving part of their production process, and have them machined, finished and assembled in the US without any change in quality.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Anyone in the DFW area can call Rifle Gear in Plano. They are an authorized dealer and have a call list going for the P10C. I'm in no way affiliated with them.
    Called right after opening this morning and got a very unhelpful guy, had no idea what I was referring to and grumbled about asking. Strange because I've had good experiences there in the past. Figure it was a one off, I'll blame the cold.

I did pick up a P-09 today. I may have got the CZ bug...

Feedback Score
    Suppressor-Ready model on site now. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-10-c-suppressor-ready/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    Called right after opening this morning and got a very unhelpful guy, had no idea what I was referring to and grumbled about asking. Strange because I've had good experiences there in the past. Figure it was a one off, I'll blame the cold.

I did pick up a P-09 today. I may have got the CZ bug...
    P-09 is my favorite shooting polymer gun. You'll like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

CZ is pretty vertically integrated, owning the mines that their iron comes from, the forests where the wood for their stocks comes from, &c. They pay for steel what it costs for them to dig iron out of the ground and smelt it into steel. They don't have to pay a steel making plant that needs to make a profit on top of what the steel plant paid a mining company that needs to make profit.

I think this is the biggest thing CZ has going for it WRT producing a quality product at a low price point. And I don't think building a plant in the US would do anything but increase costs, just because they'd either have to source materials from a third party in the US - which means the costs of the materials goes up - or they have to ship the raw materials from the Czech Republic - which adds the costs of shipping the materials, the costs of preparing the materials to be shipped, and the potential for the loss of some of that material.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    This certainly has my attention. But it's getting in line behind a P01 Omega and a P09 as my next purchases.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    This certainly has my attention. But it's getting in line behind a P01 Omega and a P09 as my next purchases.
    Fine choices. I carry a P01 and use the P09 for fun. The P09 shoots stupid soft. It's softer then my Shadow Custom that cost x3 as much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    The Unicorn? Hi fellow Unicorn hunter!
    Last edited by .XL; 12-20-16 at 23:40.

Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast