Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Once these have been out for at least a year and reviews are posted by long term users (assuming the EE isn't filled up with folks trying to sell them), I'll take a look. Until then it's just another new, unproven optic...
    While no one is asking you to switch optics, can you tell us which Vortex optics have failed to meet expectations?

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks C4. I put the breaks on replacing my EoTech with a Red Dot for now. UH-1 looks promising.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Off topic. In posts 140/141, what is the FDE thingie just behind the FSB?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    PEQ-15

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    While no one is asking you to switch optics, can you tell us which Vortex optics have failed to meet expectations?

C4

My statement revolved around all manufacturers. Thru the years many new optics have been announced at shows and preliminary glowing reviews of the "wonder optics" released. After a few months on the market and in user's hands, issues are exposed. Just as with Trijicon's SRS, the actual product fell well short of the hype and the product died quickly.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    My statement revolved around all manufacturers. Thru the years many new optics have been announced at shows and preliminary glowing reviews of the "wonder optics" released. After a few months on the market and in user's hands, issues are exposed. Just as with Trijicon's SRS, the actual product fell well short of the hype and the product died quickly.
    I guess it can happen, but the only real instance I can think of is the SRS (which they still sell and people buy).

The MRO has been a hit and everything Aimpoint puts out is a winner.

We sell pretty much everything Vortex makes. Every product (in its area, both low cost and expensive) performs well. We never get returns or complaints. Having shot the UH-1, I think it will live up to expectations.

C4

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Other "wonder optics" that come to mind that were heavily touted after "initial reviews" and fizzled include:

Trijicon Tri-Power
    Trijicon VCOG
    U.S. Optics 1-8
    Meprolight Tru-Dot
    Leupold Prism

For me anyway, whenever a new optic is released and all the initial reviews are posted, I'll wait a year or more to see which ones are still relevant and are being used by serious folks before purchasing one. YMMV
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Other "wonder optics" that come to mind that were heavily touted after "initial reviews" and fizzled include:

Trijicon Tri-Power
    Trijicon VCOG
    U.S. Optics 1-8
    Meprolight Tru-Dot
    Leupold Prism

For me anyway, whenever a new optic is released and all the initial reviews are posted, I'll wait a year or more to see which ones are still relevant and are being used by serious folks before purchasing one. YMMV
    I haven't messed wit the US Optics 1-8, but I know professionals that like it. Some of the optics in your list are just simply over priced. Had they been better priced, I think there would be less negative opinions.

C4

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Haters gonna hate, but the TriPower was whoop ass.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Haters gonna hate, but the TriPower was whoop ass.
    It was a good concept just poorly executed. If they re-engineered it and made it smaller it would be a big hit.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast