Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    Not really that hard to see for me. Humblebrag, but I have very good vision, but picking up all the tiny dots is pretty easy.

So that is normal? This is not a malfunction?
    I have 20/15 vision. In order to see the dots you must focus on them (which is wrong when shooting).

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So how solid are the segments of the reticle?

I'm looking at one right now and it looks (to me anyway) that all of the segments are composed of tiny dots. Lots of tiny dots, but it does NOT look like one consistent segment.

Perfectly useable though.
    This is normal with a sight that uses a laser for illumination. You will see the same thing if you look through an EOTech or any other laser based holographic sight. It just part of the nature of laser illumination.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexSam View Post
    This is normal with a sight that uses a laser for illumination. You will see the same thing if you look through an EOTech or any other laser based holographic sight. It just part of the nature of laser illumination.
    Okay. I can't say that I remember seeing it with an Eotech, but it's been a few years since I had one. Thanks for the update. So far, I am liking the UH-1. Granted, I have all of 150 rounds through it but still, initial observations are positive.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any updates on usage so far? It would seem there were some growing pains early on but Vortex is sorting them out.

CAn anyone comment on their battery life claims? How about durability?

My unit went about two months on one battery before the reticle pulsed, indicating low battery. I'd say mine was turned on brightness setting six and lower most of that time for approximately 18 hours a day.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    After receiving a new MRO Patrol that still exhibited 6-7" of parallax at 65 yards....I am giving the UH-1 a try. Hope it will serve well...battery life is not a concern for me...but minimal parallax is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    battery life is not a concern for me...but minimal parallax is.
    While like Vortex very much, did you try Aimpoint? In my experience it always had least amount of parallax (almost none at all, until you put "dot" on very edge of glass).
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yes. I like Aimpoint a lot...have had all of them models except the T2/CompM5...great choice of optics...much preferred over the MRO....the MRO has let me down twice now on parallax...I had one of the originals...had terrible parallax...and the new MRO Patrol model (hoping they fixed the problem) was the same. I do not get how Trijicon can claim parallax free...but secondly...how the flip did engineering approve of this...I don't have to be off center too much for the MRO to exhibit severe parallax...its ridiculous. I expect great amounts of parallax on a $100 chinese optic...but not on a $900 MSRP MRO Patrol. It is quite sad that Trijicon who builds probably the best combat magnified optics in the world released this junk. Yes its built tough with great battery life...but if your shots are off...its paperweight.

They shouldn't advertise parallax-free...it is nowhere near it.

Hoping the UH-1 will perform better than the MRO...I think it will...battery life isn't a deal breaker for me...I can store several on my rifle as back up...if not...I'll just go back to an Aimpoint or EXPS3-0.

Feedback Score
    I do not get how Trijicon can claim parallax free...
    In most cases (as far only exception that I'm aware of is Aimpoint) "parallax free" marketing ploy in reality means "parallax fixed at XXyd/m". Usually 100yd(/m), but for example Eotech used 65m IIRC and Docter IPSC sight (dedicated for handgun use) was fixed at 35m (that makes it practically "parallax free" from 0 to 50m).

Vortex approaches problem in decent way:

All red dot and holographic sights will exhibit some small amount of parallax. Matching current industry practice, this small amount would be considered “parallax free” and will make a negligible difference in the UH-1’s performance.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    After receiving a new MRO Patrol that still exhibited 6-7" of parallax at 65 yards....I am giving the UH-1 a try. Hope it will serve well...battery life is not a concern for me...but minimal parallax is.
    We are running a sale on them. Use coupon code VORT18

http://www.gandrtactical.com/Non-Magnified_c_221.html

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Yes. I like Aimpoint a lot...have had all of them models except the T2/CompM5...great choice of optics...much preferred over the MRO....the MRO has let me down twice now on parallax...I had one of the originals...had terrible parallax...and the new MRO Patrol model (hoping they fixed the problem) was the same. I do not get how Trijicon can claim parallax free...but secondly...how the flip did engineering approve of this...I don't have to be off center too much for the MRO to exhibit severe parallax...its ridiculous. I expect great amounts of parallax on a $100 chinese optic...but not on a $900 MSRP MRO Patrol. It is quite sad that Trijicon who builds probably the best combat magnified optics in the world released this junk. Yes its built tough with great battery life...but if your shots are off...its paperweight.

They shouldn't advertise parallax-free...it is nowhere near it.

Hoping the UH-1 will perform better than the MRO...I think it will...battery life isn't a deal breaker for me...I can store several on my rifle as back up...if not...I'll just go back to an Aimpoint or EXPS3-0.

I have ditched my EOTech and replaced it with the UH-1.

C4

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast