Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School me on 9mm ARs.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why an AR vs one of the SMG options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same feel, I would imagine same manual of arms with LRBO. Biggest factor though was the Geiselle SD3G since that's what I have in my 5.56 AR, which from what I have read, hammer reset reliability is spotty at best.

Thanks for all of the replies.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    What specific upper receiver features do you need to run 9mm?

Feedback Score
    My current favorite is my AR-9 pistol build ... 8inch barrel with a NFA complete lower ... Did upgraded the trigger to a POF drop in trigger ....using a Kak shockwave pistol brace ... love it

Feedback Score
    I see that relatively recently Colt added 9mm ar again to the line up. Used to have a colt sporter lightweight ( fixed handle a1 sights) that I enjoyed and was very reliable. How do these new models compare?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Not much different actually.......just the updated receiver.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    heres my old school Colt sporter, with some Magpul furniture tossed on. Have a form 1 pending and will get the barrel chopped to 10.5 in...anyone know if the receiver extension is different on the 9mms? That magpul stock was a tight fit on there, to the point it doesnt adjust easily..
    9mmcolt.JPG

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Personally I would avoid Glock lowers, they are not designed for a sub gun and take a beating, would atleast want upgraded spring but Colt pattern mags are great and getting cheaper. Get Metalform or Brownells, don't waste your time on C Products.
    Having broken a couple bolt catches, do not skimp on buffer either. Get a heavy (8.5oz) buffer and good spring system. Ultimately I would suggest just getting a Colt, building can be finicky in terms of finding a fcg that works (apart from standard 9mm hammer) and bolt compatibility. I really want to try the JP bolt and recoil system to quiet down the twang when shooting suppressed, but at $400+ it's not worth the change over. If i was starting, i would look into it further.

It will be heavy, but you can save some money and weight going the DDLES or Qtr Circle lowers as well.

Feedback Score
    what is your preferred barrel length for your ar9?
    i'm not sure either to go 10.5" or 14.5" (like my M4)
    i don't like the glock version because
    a) the bolt does not stay open when empty
    b) i don't want to mess around with my bolt carrier to make it work

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just get the 6951.... They work and there are still(at least as of a few years ago,) a handful of federal agencies using them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with using a quality magwell adapter in a standard AR lower either. I see a lot of people going for dedicated lowers but there simply not required.

The new Gear Head Works brace should be a nice addition for those with AR pistols

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wahoo95; 01-08-17 at 18:59.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast