Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    SSD just posted a teaser from ADM - AR lower for Glock mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Do they use regular 5.56 AR free float rails?
    They should, unless there is some rail that requires some weird barrel nut that would make it otherwise incompatible.

I see there's a 9mm buffer, I'd it necessary over a carbine or H1?
    Two reasons for that:

1) To run reliably
    2) To not break hammer pins and bolt catches

To address #1, an H3 @ 5.5 oz will do the trick- the gun won't know if it's an inertial buffer or a solid one. Bonus that you can leave it in for 5.56 application. I have done this for thousands and thousands of rounds. It works 100%.

To address #2, always use SS or extended pins, and consider either a SlashQ elongated buffer, a Colt buffer spacer, or just doing away with the LRBHO via a different block.

Which is better, Colt SMG or Glock lowers? As far as reliability in feeding goes.
    I don't know of any Glock lowers that feed 100% AND actuate the LRBHO 100%.

Can I use a standard stripped upper I have laying around?
    Sure, if you don't mind a bit more stuff coming back at you, esp when suppressed. The 9mm deflector is really more of a gas shield.

Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Neither lowers work reliably for lrbho. But other than that they work great.
    In other words... not working great.

Inconsistency in LRBHO will drive you insane.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Nothing wrong with using a quality magwell adapter in a standard AR lower either.
    This is my solution.

Once you let go of the idea of LRBHO, just pick a block in a format you like, that runs reliably, and drop it into an already SBR'd lower.

Think about the savings in money and time alone... plus the versatility of being able to drop the block, swap uppers, and go back to 5.56...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LRBHO is next to useless, don't let that hold you back from the Glock mag lower. Glock mags are more readily available, and the ETS mags are very inexpensive. I suggest a dedicated lower. The only blocks that work are the ones that are more expensive than a dedicated lower, unless you have a 5.56 lower that's already SBR'd, then a Hahn mag block would suffice. In that case, I'd still choose the dedicated lower and SBR it. Grabbing a complete carbine is infinitely easier than converting calibers back and forth.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Nordic Components showed a lower today that uses a push pin to swap magwells. Glock, M&P, etc. I think they said they would be making something like 12 magwells. Sounds like it comes as a complete rifle too.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Nordic Components showed a lower today that uses a push pin to swap magwells. Glock, M&P, etc. I think they said they would be making something like 12 magwells. Sounds like it comes as a complete rifle too.

I just saw this, looks awesome. If they can get LRBHO to work with different mags they're going to have a really impressive product, especially if you go to SBR one.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIGPIG View Post
    LRBHO is next to useless
    Not if you want to train on your 9mm AR the same way you do on your 5.56 AR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ended up buying a Slash 9Q-T buffer for my Quarter Circle 10 Glock 9mm. Was not getting consistent bolt hold open on last round like I was with the shorter KAK 9mm non-adjustable buffer. Was pulling my hair out trying to get it figured out by lightening the overall weight and just happened to notice there was only about 1/8" between the bolt and bolt catch when manually locking the bolt back. Ended up having to mill 1/8" off the end of the buffer bumper to give the bolt catch time to lift. This gun will be a dedicated suppressed gun if I ever get my form 4 back...

I can tell you it has been 100% reliable in every aspect until I played with the Slash buffer. Now that I have figured that out I expect it to continue to be 100%. That may change once I get is suppressed, but we shall see.
    Last edited by Jeepman1320; 01-19-17 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepman1320 View Post
    I ended up buying a Slash 9Q-T buffer for my Quarter Circle 10 Glock 9mm. Was not getting consistent bolt hold open on last round like I was with the shorter KAK 9mm non-adjustable buffer. Was pulling my hair out trying to get it figured out by lightening the overall weight and just happened to notice there was only about 1/8" between the bolt and bolt catch when manually locking the bolt back. Ended up having to mill 1/8" off the end of the buffer bumper to give the bolt catch time to lift. This gun will be a dedicated suppressed gun if I ever get my form 4 back...

I can tell you it has been 100% reliable in every aspect until I played with the Slash buffer. Now that I have figured that out I expect it to continue to be 100%. That may change once I get is suppressed, but we shall see.
    I think I am having the same issue with a slash buffer. I might have to try shaving it down

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a QC10 Glock 9mm lower as well and was having problems with LRBHO with a Slash 10Q buffer and Wolff XP spring before I realized that going monopod with the mag definitely activated the LRBHO with rounds still remaining

As this may be a possible serious gun I just took the whole LRBHO assembly out...

Otherwise it runs like a champ with Glock, Magpul, and ETS mags of all available sizes with various ball and Ranger 147 HP.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 01-20-17 at 02:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Not if you want to train on your 9mm AR the same way you do on your 5.56 AR.
    My point stands. If you train to shoot until bold hold open, you're doing it wrong. Train to reload with one in the chamber, it's much quicker than an open bolt reload.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast