Thread: Learn me on plate carriers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I remembered reading this, but had to go back over it as it can be rather confusing.

I'll def reach out to Mike before I place my order. I wouldn't say that .308 isn't a concern but it's less of a concern than M855, M193 and 7.62x39 MSC. Going off what I've seen on the job, and seen when I worked at a large firearms retailer in the area; the rifles potentially shitty people generally purchased (in order of commonality) were 5.56mm Nato, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x54R and .308 WIN/7.62 NATO being a very distant second. I work and live in a large county that encompasses both urban, suburban and rural areas. Depending on where the response takes place, and the likely scenario, responding personnel could face anything from 5.56 NATO to high power hunting rounds like .308, 30-06, .270 etc. Obviously, the odds of encountering an adversary with a .270 win is statistically much smaller than a 5.56, however, the possibility remains... If you're responding to an active shooter in an urban part of the county, the likely threat is going to be common handgun rounds, shitty .223 ball, M193, M855 and shitty steel cased 7.62x39. If you're responding to a call out in BFE whitetrashville or the trailer park, there is of course the overwhelming possibility that you will encounter all of the aforementioned threats as well as a good chance of encountering some 7.62x54R fired from a Mosin variant. it seems like the firepower of choice for shitty people are generally cheap AR's, cheap AK's, SKS's, M44's and cheap scatterguns.

Like most things in this industry, though, body armor is about compromise and mitigating the odds of you becoming less alive. The best solution is obviously to not get shot.
    so anything outside urban is whitetrashville or trailer park.
    Last edited by DBCDave; 01-07-17 at 08:18.