Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Learn me on plate carriers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So far I just added a 3 mag pouch to the front, a small utility pouch to hook up to that. Added double mag pouch to lft side of cumberbund. All items are Tactical Tailor..

Do you guys have a preference for an IFAK? I am thinking rt side cumberbund near the front...

In regards to plates..anyone hear of Legacy Safety and Security out of Louisiana? They have non steel in Levels 3 and 4...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    you may want to look as officer survival solutions, they make a vest for medical personell and have plates available.

Feedback Score
    The best plate carrier in my opinion is from Arbor Arms. They are a newer company but the owner Jon was the designer of the Ares Armor Derma plate carrier. The elastic cummerbund and cobra clip entry makes their carriers comfortable and easy to get on and off.
    While not cheap I think it's worth the money.

https://arborarmsusa.net

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hey I just checked out the Arbor Arms site and ended up ordering the last cummerbund kit. Fingers crossed that it will he compatible with my Velocity LWPC. The original cummerbund to don and doff is pretty annoying. I was about to get the First Spear tubes cummerbund kit but the Arbor Arms was alot cheaper.
    I'll update when it gets here!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    Hey I just checked out the Arbor Arms site and ended up ordering the last cummerbund kit. Fingers crossed that it will he compatible with my Velocity LWPC. The original cummerbund to don and doff is pretty annoying. I was about to get the First Spear tubes cummerbund kit but the Arbor Arms was alot cheaper.
    I'll update when it gets here!

Did you get the cumberbund yet?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Forgot about this post. The cummerbund really makes donning a geared up carrier so much easier and with repeatable consistency.
    After adjusting the general size via the rear clips and then fine tuning it by ever so slightly moving the front velcro/female end under the front flap, fore and aft, the wearer can really just throw the carrier over their head, click in and rock on.
    I don't wear side armor with my setup so I can't say how it affects performance. I like to run my gear on the lighter side. Keeping restrictions to a minimum. And this cummerbund really allows me to do just that. It bends and flexes with me but still provides good support. Keeping the plates tight against my torso without affecting my breathing or movement.
    I also hope that the elastic MOLLE will prove to be durable. It feels like the same elastic material thats used in my Grey Ghost Gear sling. Stretchy but strong. Also Arbor Arms sells replacements for about $20. I might pick one up just in case.
    I really wanted to pick up a First Spear Carrier but there really was nothing wrong with my OP Tactical/Velocity LWPC. With this basic version I don't have the ability to quickly detach the shoulder straps but I really don't need to either. I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys running and gunning with gear. (Pat Mac on Instagram is pretty bad ass)
    I don't want to lose sight of the fundamentals so I've finally signed up for some upcoming carbine courses and I may or may not wear it for the 2 day class. I'll see what the instructors think of it.
    As for the cummerbund, so far so good! In the end I was able to upgrade my gear without breaking the bank.
    Pics to follow.

Feedback Score
    Nice, I have the Aries Derma plate carrier with that cumberbund and it makes or so easy to put on. I was considering picking up the Arbor Arms cumberbund for about plate carrier and it sounds like their stuff is good to go.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345