Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD.......need a good mount

Feedback Score

Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD.......need a good mount

I just got a Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP MRAD to get into longer range shooting (300+) for my 16" AR15 in 5.56. I am looking at mounts and luckily already have the proper torque wrench from mounting red dots. The ammo I will be using will primarily be IMI Razor Core 77 gr. SMK BTHP in 5.56. Mount MUST be QD, this rifle will be used as a spare for classes with an Aimpoint PRO.

My question is what mount to got with, budget is $200....the main ones I am looking at come from ADM and Larue.

I had an issue with a larue mount, but later found that the upper it was on was likely cause. That being said, I am open to trying them out again. What do you recommend between these two companies?

I also see they offer a 10 MOA mount (20 MOA for ADM), is this worth looking into for ranges between 300 and 600+?

Please keep in mind I am new to longer range but not to ARs, so any help is appreciated especially with mounting tips. I take my red dot equipped rifles past 300 often with great results, but I am looking to really get out there. A lot of questions there, thanks!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The general consensus is if you can't spring for a Bobro then ADM is preferred slightly over LaRue. Both are great mounts but the ADM tends to RTZ a little better.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    ***disregard . . . .did not see the QD requirement***
    Last edited by cougar_guy04; 10-08-16 at 22:49.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been very happy with the ADM Recon mount I bought several years ago. That said, I am highly anticipating the ScalarWorks mount that is coming at some point.

Also, tell us how you like the scope once you're up and running. I've heard really good things about them but have never had the chance to shoot a rifle with one and it's one of 2 or 3 scopes I'm considering putting on the 6.5 Grendel I'm building.
    Last edited by cdmiller; 10-08-16 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know most people have no problem with QD but I prefer a torqued to spec mount with a magnified optic. If it is just a backup for classes, worse case scenario you have to put 5-6 rds through it to rezero when you attach the optic again. But if I had to do QD it would be Bobro.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NOT QD, but I have the Vortex branded 20 moa cant mount. It is made for them by Seekins. It is a quality piece of gear. Great pricing also.
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Would you all recommend the ADM recon with or without the 20 moa elevation?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett85 View Post
    Would you all recommend the ADM recon with or without the 20 moa elevation?
    It's not needed for 600 yard shooting. I have that scope in a Recon 0 MOA mount and have shot 700 just fine.

Feedback Score
    I have multiple ADM mounts and they are fantastic kit. Highly recommended, you won't go wrong.
    Certified AR Armorer among many other things.
    Semper Paratus Arms - 2014

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    It's not needed for 600 yard shooting. I have that scope in a Recon 0 MOA mount and have shot 700 just fine.
    Do you start to get close to running out of adjustment on elevation shooting that far out? What is your holdover when shooting that far?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast