Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which suppressor would you like the USMC to adopt?

Feedback Score

Which suppressor would you like the USMC to adopt?

TFB reports that Marines will begin suppressing an entire battalion to gather field data on their usefulness. My question is what would you like to see them eventually fielding? What do you think would hold up the most against their grueling engagements and hard use?

Personally I vote for the KAC QDC line. Durable, quick-detach, little to no POI shift, under 140 dB, lightweight and designed for high-volume fire, not to mention the CQB is plenty compact at only 5 inches. It isn't the quietest can, but that is certainly not the end goal of the USMC, and certainly not something that should be obsessed over in a supersonic 5.56 platform anyway.

What is your top pick?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Last edited by darr3239; 11-28-16 at 13:33.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Dead Air Sandman! Or Rugged Surge!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'd pick the NT4.
    Dead simple, hard to lose, brick-shithouse.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    i'm fairly new to suppressors, but from what i've seen i'd put money on it being either a KAC or Surefire that is picked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This should have a poll. And my pick for hard use would probably be either Surefire or KAC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd also say the most likely picked are either Surefire or Knights.

That said, I'd love to see Deadair seriously looked at. Such a fantastic product

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    SiCo Specwar 5.56K.

Choot-em-till-they-glow tough.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have seen NT4s by the bushel with over 50,000 rounds through them that still tick merrily along, though the build-up of carbon and copper 3-D lattice does drop some of the performance.
    I have seen NT4s that weigh ounces heavier than new, with the users having no idea how many rounds have gone through them in their decade(+) of service.
    I have seen NT4s that have been put on MK46s, and shot so much that when they were cut in half the first two baffles were eroded to the point of near non-existence, and they would still mount.
    The SOCOM SOUM for NT4s basically states that if you have an end-cap strike, the armorer is to do an inspection and then file the protruding flap flat, simply to avoid a cut hazard.
    I have seen NT4s with baffle strikes that nobody even noticed for thousands of rounds.
    I have seen NT4s used to smash out windows, break through fences, and driven into the ocular socket of non-compliant enclosure occupants to elicit the desired level of passivity, with little more wear than some work KG Kote and chunks of skin and hair.
    I've seen them shot half full of sea water, until they glowed like a 2-bit rave dancer, and then cooled off in a mud puddle.

It ain't cool anymore. It ain't sexy anymore. But if you're going to give a suppressor to a Marine, nothing less than an NT4 is worthy of their abuse. There are a bunch of good cans out there today, and the NT4 is a bit of a dinosaur, but it's a f***ing T-Rex hombre.
    Yeah, I work at KAC. But I was a Jarhead first, and I came here for a reason, and it wasn't for the beach or the pay.

Oh, and make sure you wipe off those chunks before going to Boogytown, the smell is not pleasant.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    SiCo Specwar 5.56K.

Choot-em-till-they-glow tough.
    I'd love to see a great company like Silencerco reap the benefits of years of making a great product and offering amazing customer service to civilians, but that's not going to happen. It will more than likely be Surefire or KAC who have been selling wildly overpriced products to the military and passing that legacy on to civilians for over a decade now. My 110 was a piece of shit along with every other piece of the KEYHOLE system and the 95x's they were issuing when I was in were large, heavy, and inferior to many other widely available lights. They will for sure get the contract.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast