Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which suppressor would you like the USMC to adopt?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I have seen NT4s by the bushel with over 50,000 rounds through them that still tick merrily along, though the build-up of carbon and copper 3-D lattice does drop some of the performance.
    I have seen NT4s that weigh ounces heavier than new, with the users having no idea how many rounds have gone through them in their decade(+) of service.
    I have seen NT4s that have been put on MK46s, and shot so much that when they were cut in half the first two baffles were eroded to the point of near non-existence, and they would still mount.
    The SOCOM SOUM for NT4s basically states that if you have an end-cap strike, the armorer is to do an inspection and then file the protruding flap flat, simply to avoid a cut hazard.
    I have seen NT4s with baffle strikes that nobody even noticed for thousands of rounds.
    I have seen NT4s used to smash out windows, break through fences, and driven into the ocular socket of non-compliant enclosure occupants to elicit the desired level of passivity, with little more wear than some work KG Kote and chunks of skin and hair.
    I've seen them shot half full of sea water, until they glowed like a 2-bit rave dancer, and then cooled off in a mud puddle.

It ain't cool anymore. It ain't sexy anymore. But if you're going to give a suppressor to a Marine, nothing less than an NT4 is worthy of their abuse. There are a bunch of good cans out there today, and the NT4 is a bit of a dinosaur, but it's a f***ing T-Rex hombre.
    Yeah, I work at KAC. But I was a Jarhead first, and I came here for a reason, and it wasn't for the beach or the pay.

Oh, and make sure you wipe off those chunks before going to Boogytown, the smell is not pleasant.
    I...I just like how they sound.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    NT4 or Surefire Socom. Or something a little smaller than either them but just as robust.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Having been issued and used an NT4 suppressor in the Corps I can vouch for both the durability of that particular can as well as a Grunts ability to screw anything up. First Fam fire we do with our cool new toy and Mr. Know it all Cpl. Fckntz launches his can about 25 yards down range. Cease fire was called, sheepish Marine sprints down range after the all clear, mounts it CORRECTLY, and proceeds to have zero issues with it.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Having been issued and used an NT4 suppressor in the Corps I can vouch for both the durability of that particular can as well as a Grunts ability to screw anything up. First Fam fire we do with our cool new toy and Mr. Know it all Cpl. Fckntz launches his can about 25 yards down range. Cease fire was called, sheepish Marine sprints down range after the all clear, mounts it CORRECTLY, and proceeds to have zero issues with it.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234