Thread: Same action in every Remington 700?

Feedback Score

Same action in every Remington 700?

Hello All,

Because of the answers that I received in another post, I have a new question.

Is the action from a Remington 700 ADL 7mm Rem Mag the same as the action from a CDL 7mm Rem Mag?

If it is, then as the other thread said, it would be smart to get the ADL, use it for now, then when I'm ready to build my precision rifle, I can use the action from it. But, if the 'higher end' rifles are different then that makes my decisions harder.

Thanks,

JRC

Feedback Score
    You should have just followed up to my original response. Yes, they're the same action. I called Remington on a couple occasions to verify when purchasing the ADL. Talked to different people each time. Same response. Basically, they said that when a 700 action is produced, they don't know which rifle it will end up on. Could be an SPS. Could be an ADL. Now, some are finished differently in terms of cosmetics (blued, stainless, etc). But, the construction is all the same.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    You're right, I should have done that. You posted exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks again,

JRC

Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    You should have just followed up to my original response. Yes, they're the same action. I called Remington on a couple occasions to verify when purchasing the ADL. Talked to different people each time. Same response. Basically, they said that when a 700 action is produced, they don't know which rifle it will end up on. Could be an SPS. Could be an ADL. Now, some are finished differently in terms of cosmetics (blued, stainless, etc). But, the construction is all the same.

Feedback Score
    No worries. Honestly, for your own piece of mind, give them a call and let me know if you hear anything to indicate otherwise. Never hurts to do your due diligence. Good luck with your eventual purchase and enjoy the rifle!
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.