Thread: Arsenal Receiver Question

Feedback Score

Arsenal Receiver Question

I'm currently looking at a couple milled Arsenals, and one is an SA M7 R (which I THINK replaced the "S" model a while back). Either way, I think both had the funky looking (IMO) rail on the side of the receiver.
    Now I really was wanting a milled Arsenal WITHOUT that funky looking rail on the left side of the receiver, but just in case I cannot find one without the rail, OR if I score a really good deal on a RAILED Arsenal, I would like to ask what is involved in removing that funky rail?
    Since I have never owned an AK before, I do not know what type of fasteners are used in holding that rail onto the milled receivers? I mean, are those PINS, or what????
    I actually think someone once told me that the rail CAN INDEED be removed, but that it might leave a rather unsightly looking set of holes? behind???
    Can someone tell me what is involved in removing these rails, and also let me know IF it will be rather unsightly in doing so?
    Should I just hold out for a NON railed Arsenal???
    Thanks for the help.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Hold out for one without the rail. Word is they are going to be releasing some SA-M7 models at the end of the year but I have no way of verifing this. With Arsenal you never know what they are going to do. In my experience you can't go wrong with a milled Arsenal.
    Not the original texasyid

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They're rivited on, you really don't want to take them off.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you're going to pass on the milled guns, might you be willing to tell us where they are for sale, and for how much?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasyid View Post
    Hold out for one without the rail. Word is they are going to be releasing some SA-M7 models at the end of the year but I have no way of verifing this. With Arsenal you never know what they are going to do. In my experience you can't go wrong with a milled Arsenal.

Well if you're talking about the one below, I think I'll pass. That just isn't the type of AK I'm looking for. I seriously hope this isn't the design that everyone has been LONG waiting on....
    What's up with that "hump" on top of the rifle anyhow? Is that some sort of extra rear sight, given the extremely short sight radius on this design??

http://www.arsenalinc.com/sam7sfk.htm

Now as for the SBR'd version of the weapon above, I think it would be SWEET.... http://www.arsenalinc.com/sam7sfk_sbr.htm
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No, they'd either be standard M-7's or M-7A1's.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Sweet, that I can deal with... Now, only for it to actually happen. Has anyone actually spoken with someone inside Arsenal Inc. and confirmed this is "supposedly" going to happen by end of year 08??
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"