Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plain old dave View Post
    I'll be really candid, and try to avoid anything that might be misconstrued as trolling. For me, the AR platform will be an acquired taste; this gun is the ONLY selfloader I own, and the logic behind replacing a battle-proven design with proven killing power with a less powerful shoulder arm whose mechanism is designed to drop fouling into the mechanism is difficult to see at best.
    No miscontrusion as trolling. Your comment is construed in other ways.

Try a 5.56 carbine/rifle at somepoint. You may find yourself pleasently suprised when you compare that round to a .22lr.

Feedback Score
    Problem there is I just don't have $500+ for something I fully plan to divest when I retire.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    GySgt Thomas Sullivan
    SSgt David Wyatt
    Sgt Carson Holmquist
    LS2(SW) Randall Smith
    LCPL Squire "Skip" Wells

"These men are NOT victims."
    -CO, M/3/14, August 2015

Always Chattanooga Strong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll be really candid, and try to avoid anything that might be misconstrued as trolling. For me, the AR platform will be an acquired taste; this gun is the ONLY selfloader I own, and the logic behind replacing a battle-proven design with proven killing power with a less powerful shoulder arm whose mechanism is designed to drop fouling into the mechanism is difficult to see at best.
    The 22lr is meant more for practice not self defense/battle rifle.

Why does it matter where the fouling goes? ARs have been proven reliable over and over and they are not the first to use that style of mechanism. The Swiss Ljungman M42 since 1942. The French MAS49 was an exceptionally reliable rifle even with corrosive ammo and little to no maintenance. They've been used since 1949 in the Middle East and SE Asia. Egyptian Hakim (based on the Ljungman).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Battle rifle, 30-40 Krag. We have to use ARs at work. Self defense, fixed sight DA revolver.

GySgt Thomas Sullivan
    SSgt David Wyatt
    Sgt Carson Holmquist
    LS2(SW) Randall Smith
    LCPL Squire "Skip" Wells

-CO, M/3/14, August 2015

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Battle rifle, 30-40 Krag. We have to use ARs at work. Self defense, fixed sight DA revolver.

What kind of work do you do? Are you employed through an agency? Security company?

Just curious what area of work you perform in that approves a .22lr self-loading rifle, and limits to DA revolvers.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    What kind of work do you do? Are you employed through an agency? Security company?

Just curious what area of work you perform in that approves a .22lr self-loading rifle, and limits to DA revolvers.
    I may be wrong, but I think he's saying the Krag and DA revolver are his personal choices in a battle rifle and self defense handgun. I'm assuming he bought a .22lr AR to practice with on his own time since they use actual AR-15s at work, but he didn't want to invest in an AR-15 for personal use since he doesn't plan to use the platform after retirement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think he's saying the Krag and DA revolver are his personal choices in a battle rifle and self defense handgun. I'm assuming he bought a .22lr AR to practice with on his own time since they use actual AR-15s at work, but he didn't want to invest in an AR-15 for personal use since he doesn't plan to use the platform after retirement.
    Basically, this.

GySgt Thomas Sullivan
    SSgt David Wyatt
    Sgt Carson Holmquist
    LS2(SW) Randall Smith
    LCPL Squire "Skip" Wells

-CO, M/3/14, August 2015

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Thanks for interpreting that, makes much more sense now.

Basically, this.

I was under the impression you had purchased the .22lr to actually work with, that makes much more sense.

I don't fault you for your preferences, but was under the impression you may not have given the full sized cartridge, for the AR platform, a try and were basing opinion on your .22 variation.

Either way, I don't blame you for not investing the high dollar into something that isn't necessary and not beneficial in the now for you.

Feedback Score
    We use M4A1s, but the Above is substantially correct.

GySgt Thomas Sullivan
    SSgt David Wyatt
    Sgt Carson Holmquist
    LS2(SW) Randall Smith
    LCPL Squire "Skip" Wells

-CO, M/3/14, August 2015

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Something's very odd about this thread or the OP is horrible at explaining himself.

Either way, given his distaste for an M4 carbine, I find it odd that he would join a site aptly named, M4Carbine.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast