Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MK18 Gas Port Info

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Daniel Defense MK18 Gas Port Info

My uncle from Florida has a mk18 sbr. This is one of the newer style but about a year old. His barrel got recalled for a gas port prematurely corroding. He got this call from them. He always did complain it was over gassed when suppressed. So he sent in the complete upper and upon doing so he had a choice of a commercial gas port or military. Awesome! 69,000 is what he got. They changed to the mk12 gas block and sent him a new carrier as well. The thing is , now he has no gas in his face at all when running suppressed. He claims they changed something with the gas key. I'm a little jealous as my eyes burn after 5 shots. Anyone ever hear about options like this or these changes? Admittedly I don't know anything about dd but he's curious so I promised him I'd look into it. Thanks guys. Also it sounds like they had great customer service.
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Commenting in because I am planning to buy a MK18 upper in the next few weeks.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Say what? I'm calling them tomorrow and demanding they sell me 2 mk18 barrels with the non earth orbit sized port.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finally, I'll call them tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    "changed something with the gas key"? Im interested, but skeptical.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Me thinks there is some incorrect terminology or misunderstanding on certain aspects here.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapomstage3 View Post
    My uncle from Florida has a mk18 sbr. This is one of the newer style but about a year old. His barrel got recalled for a gas port prematurely corroding. He got this call from them. He always did complain it was over gassed when suppressed. So he sent in the complete upper and upon doing so he had a choice of a commercial gas port or military. Awesome! 69,000 is what he got. They changed to the mk12 gas block and sent him a new carrier as well. The thing is , now he has no gas in his face at all when running suppressed. He claims they changed something with the gas key. I'm a little jealous as my eyes burn after 5 shots. Anyone ever hear about options like this or these changes? Admittedly I don't know anything about dd but he's curious so I promised him I'd look into it. Thanks guys. Also it sounds like they had great customer service.
    Looks like since your uncle did it, you have the potential for getting more info on this, I haven't been contacted...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I called, ask the rep about it, he states it may have been done for one customer, it has not triggered a recall or any thing of the sort, they offered to look at my upper as part of the warranty, and if they find a similar issue a properly spec barrel maybe an option, IF they determine it is needed.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapomstage3 View Post
    ...he had a choice of a commercial gas port or military. Awesome! 69,000 is what he got.
    Is that a .069" gas port?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Is that a .069" gas port?
    You mean 69 thousand and 69 thousandths aren't the same thing? Who'da thunk it?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast