Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MK18 Gas Port Info

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Lots of requests for small port barrels.

Do most prefer the 10.5" or 11.5" length?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Lots of requests for small port barrels.

Do most prefer the 10.5" or 11.5" length?
    Clint, different thread or?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Because the military doesn't have to worry about Uncle John's reloads, Mr. Tula, Mr. Wolf, Remington UMC trash, PMC Bronze, etc..

DD isn't the only company that succumbed to the Jenna Jameson syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Account View Post
    Interesting.. I didn't know that milspec and civilian have different port size.

I wonder why Milspec 10.3 in has smaller port size than Milspec 11.5 (which is .076 correct me if I'm wrong), despite having shorter barrel.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    my suppressed DDM4V4 11.5" is still over-gassed with a H3 buffer and RED springco recoil spring. could my barrel port also be too large?

i've never pulled apart this factory upper to check port size because i don't want to mess with DD's construction/torquing techniques.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LOL... so is there really a recall, or did a relative just have a customer service issue and decide there should be a factory recall?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think you hit the nail on the head...

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    LOL... so is there really a recall, or did a relative just have a customer service issue and decide there should be a factory recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    My friend has a commercial DD Mk18 SBR with a .080 gas port and the thing is over gassed like whoa!

I've got an Mk18 too but I built my upper back before DD started offering them as built off the shelf rifles, pistols etc. I have a full DD upper using a DD upper receiver, barrel, pinned gas block, BCG, Mk18 RIS II rail etc.

I used a DD 14.5" Govt profile barrel and had the gas port opened to .069~.070 and the thing eats ANYTHING. My current setup uses an H2 buffer and spring. The guns 100% reliable with XM-193 and M855 using the H2.

Tula feeds almost 100%, I would not feel the need to switch from an H2 to an H1 but after a few hundred sounds of Tula I may short stroke a little bit due to build up and it fails to pickup a round here and there. If I switch to an H1, that issue goes away.

That said, I've NEVER heard of anything being called a recall with any of these. I do know even with my home built upper, they said I could send it in if I ever had issues. DD has great customer support! So far so good though, I've not needed customer support!
    Last edited by Roadblock; 12-04-16 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head...
    Just checking, because I'm about to issue my own factory recall on a multiproblematic rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can we get rid of the BS thread title and change it to something which actually fits the thread? People google stuff and thread titles come back as search results, which lead to additional bogus information being out on the web.

Obviously if someone has first hand knowledge of a DD recall regarding this, it would be important , but that doesn't appear to be what is going on here.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that mk18s are not still overgassed. My buddy bought two about a year ago, I mentioned the potential issue and sent him some of the threads from here. He was told by DD defense that they are properly ported (if I recall it may have been mil spec and they may have said there was not a difference between the commercial and mil guns, but its been a while), I then called myself and was told the same information. I also have always been impressed when speaking with DD employees, very helpful and knowledgeable

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast