Thread: MR40: One of Many "Baby Desert Eagle" models.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MR40: One of Many "Baby Desert Eagle" models.

I got an MR40 in a Trade this last weekend and have found it very delightful and fun to shoot.

It's very tame shooting, with a 4.5" barrel, and the frame is very clearly Walther made.

So, the jist of this gun I have gotten so far:
    The frame and components are manufactured by Walther, in Germany, and the frame even has a "Made in Germany" marking as well.

(The common theme seems to be the frame is actually made by "Walther". Does anyone know if it is made in germany by a sister company, or by Walther themselves, truly? The trigger leads me to believe it's a true Walther, but no formal experience in that regard.)

The slide and those components, while replicating a P99 to a T, are made and assembled in Pillager, MN (Within a couple hours of my locale). Before they modified the original P99 "Baby Desert Eagle" (after the Jericho) and went to a 4.5" barrel (to more closely resemble a "Deagle") the 4.15" models where manufactured in Minneapolis.

They import the frames to Minnesota, and assemble the final product in the Magnum Research plant.

I was hoping for some good feedback from the group here, and wondering if anyone has hear of anything that would cause major concern or compliment.

I have already found a couple things I really don't like, and a couple things I really do. But, it was a very worthwhile trade.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 12-12-16 at 12:20.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It looks almost identical to the Canik TP9.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ironically, that's what I traded for it.