Thread: Franklin Armory vs. Fostech Echo for a 9mm AR...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Franklin Armory vs. Fostech Echo for a 9mm AR...

It is my understanding that the Fostech Echo is generally the superior product. However, as I understand it the Fostech Echo requires it's own proprietary bolt carrier. Additionally I'm, guessing that precludes it from being used in 9mm as 9mm AR's are generally blowback and have one piece bolt and carriers.

How would this be different as it relates to the current gen 2 offering from Franklin Armory?

I just have to find a way to make one of these things work in 9mm.

HAVE TO!!

Feedback Score
    I've got the Fostech on order, I think their website says they will mod your carrier (for a fee). Not sure if your still watching this thread after a month of no replies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by superswamper View Post
    I've got the Fostech on order, I think their website says they will mod your carrier (for a fee). Not sure if your still watching this thread after a month of no replies.
    Yep, sure am.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    ADM is releasing a 9mm AR at shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A friend of mine has a Franklin Armory in his MPX; runs really well.
    ETA: looking at the Fostech, if I were looking for a range toy, I'd go that way. It's got Hiperfire's hammer spring design and would ignite 9mm primers if any would.
    Last edited by RIGPIG; 01-14-17 at 06:23.

Feedback Score
    I tried to run a BFS3 with ramped bolt, H2 buffer, Rock river 16" 9mm upper and performance was very poor. I used the "heavier" buffer spring that came with the trigger.
    I had quite a few jams and hammer follow through's. I tried 115, 124 and 147 and could not get it to run.
    I also have the echo and used a .223 Adams arms evo ultra lite upper, Spikes lower and that ran really well. I modified the adams arms carrier. Only one stoppage in 120 rounds
    I then tried the BFS3 in my LWRC piston upper and LWRC lower. Using the carbine buffer and H2 buffer and it ran ok but not great. I did use the heavier spring that came with it. I could not get the rhythm down. The echo ran much better and much faster for me YMMV