Thread: Stand 1 Armory 9mm 147gr (-)P--Anyone use it?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Stand 1 Armory 9mm 147gr (-)P--Anyone use it?

http://www.stand1armory.com/store/p1...r_Factor).html

Anybody using this?
    I don't reload (busy job, family, lack of space and interest in setting up reloader), and don't intend to.
    Would be used for USPSA Production, 2-Gun, 3-Gun, and other 9mm gamer tasks. Primary guns: G17 and G34, may be used in CZ Scorpion Evo3.
    Currently wrapping up the last of my S&B 124gr, which is pretty good, just looking to go to a 147 for the recoil characteristics and saw this.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    http://www.stand1armory.com/store/p1...r_Factor).html

Anybody using this?
    I don't reload (busy job, family, lack of space and interest in setting up reloader), and don't intend to.
    Would be used for USPSA Production, 2-Gun, 3-Gun, and other 9mm gamer tasks. Primary guns: G17 and G34, may be used in CZ Scorpion Evo3.
    Currently wrapping up the last of my S&B 124gr, which is pretty good, just looking to go to a 147 for the recoil characteristics and saw this.
    Sorry, I haven't used this round, but I thought I'd ask if you've tried the American Eagle 147.

I use it in gun games, and it's always made power factor. I couldn't find the FPS for the Chubbies. I would be wary of a pistol round that's rated at "below our standard sub-sonic load" but still makes power factor. The AE9FP round seems to run a hair under 1,000 FPS, and has been very reliable over several thousand rounds.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkeg View Post
    Sorry, I haven't used this round, but I thought I'd ask if you've tried the American Eagle 147. I use it in gun games, and it's always made power factor. I couldn't find the FPS for the Chubbies. I would be wary of a pistol round that's rated at "below our standard sub-sonic load" but still makes power factor. The AE9FP round seems to run a hair under 1,000 FPS, and has been very reliable over several thousand rounds.
    This. The AE9FP is a very soft shooting load, and reliable in service guns in factory spec.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    No.

This. The AE9FP is a very soft shooting load, and reliable in service guns in factory spec.
    I run it mostly through a 5" M&P 9L and it shoots soft and flat. The bonus is it also mimics (and is intended to) the Federal 147 HST, which is my carry load.

Feedback Score
    Been running them through my 14.5" JP 9mm carbine. Really soft shooting. Accuracy has been very good as well. Haven't run any through the pistol yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I haven't tried the stand 1 stuff but I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Atlanta arms 147's I usually shoot and tried some T1 ammunition that Team Glock switched to. It's super accurate, very soft, new brass and knock on wood I haven't had a hiccup in 2-3,000 rounds.

https://t1ammo.com/product/competiti...r-competition/

I asked them for a discount code after the first 1,000 rounds and they gave me "JESSST5" to get 5% off. Makes it pretty reasonable for match Ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post
    I haven't tried the stand 1 stuff but I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Atlanta arms 147's I usually shoot and tried some T1 ammunition that Team Glock switched to. It's super accurate, very soft, new brass and knock on wood I haven't had a hiccup in 2-3,000 rounds.

https://t1ammo.com/product/competiti...r-competition/

I asked them for a discount code after the first 1,000 rounds and they gave me "JESSST5" to get 5% off. Makes it pretty reasonable for match Ammo.
    Interesting ammo. I'll stick with the Federal load. Besides being cheaper (even with the code) I like the FP bullet profile for punching cardboard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Stand 1 guys are semi local to me in DFW. Lots of guys at the range I shoot at shoot it, I think Stand 1 is a sponsor of the range. I dont have any experience with their ammo, but I am sure I would have heard if it was junk or not and I havent heard anything to that end.