Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brass ejecting 1 and 2 o clock?

Feedback Score

Brass ejecting 1 and 2 o clock?

I have a Colt LE6920 that ejects brass between 1:00 and 2:00. I have only shot mostly NATO spec ammo, most recently with Wolf Gold 55gr .223. It does however have around 650 rounds through it and not a single malfunction, 100% reliable. But I am concerned if it could be overgassed or is this normal? What are your guys thoughts?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You are worried about nothing.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    I have a Colt LE6920 that ejects brass between 1:00 and 2:00. I have only shot mostly NATO spec ammo, most recently with Wolf Gold 55gr .223. It does however have around 650 rounds through it and not a single malfunction, 100% reliable. But I am concerned if it could be overgassed or is this normal? What are your guys thoughts?
    I think I found your problem.

Build a second AR to appease your tinkering itch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    You are worried about nothing.
    So its normal and not overgassed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I think I found your problem.

Build a second AR to appease your tinkering itch.
    I do plan on buying a complete BCM 16" mid length upper, BCM BCG, and H buffer to put on my Bushmaster XM-15 factory lower that I bought as my first AR a while back. But if the ejection on the Colt is normal then I'll leave that as is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The reliable functioning of the rifle is the only 'normal' to worry about. I would not worry about the brass ejection direction unless the rifle was exhibiting a reliability problem.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't worry about it, but if you wanted a heavier buffer to try out for recoil characteristics, it would probably work, and isn't expensive. If it doesn't work your only out what, $30? But if you're worried about reliability, sounds like it's working very well as-is.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Run an H2 buffer in it and don't obsess on ejection direction.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My BCM midlength with 10800rds through it does it too, even with new extractor and Vltor A5 system. My rifle has only choked on shit ammo like Freedom Munitions and 2009 Federal AE XM193 that popped multiple primers. Other than that, if I had to go back to Afghanistan and can take my rifle with me, I definitely would.

Like others have said, non issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    My BCM midlength with 10800rds through it does it too, even with new extractor and Vltor A5 system. My rifle has only choked on shit ammo like Freedom Munitions and 2009 Federal AE XM193 that popped multiple primers. Other than that, if I had to go back to Afghanistan and can take my rifle with me, I definitely would.

Like others have said, non issue.
    Watch that Freedom Munitions crap. Over on the other site, there's a kaboom thread on that crap that will take your breath away. To say it went high order would be an understatement. Looked like a Eldest Son round frankly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast