Thread: I shall call him...James

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I shall call him...James

New updates/pics at the bottom...

--original post--

Picked up a Seekins lower last year for Christmas...serial #xx007...and finally (mostly) completed the build today thanks to another member here coming through with a Boomfab bolt carrier to put the finishing touch on what turned out to be a lightweight build...though that wasn't the original intent.

Seekins Precision Lower
    Battle Arms Development Sabertube
    Standard weight carbine buffer/spring
    V7 titanium buffer retainer
    Seekins ambi selector
    V7 lightweight takedown pins
    Geissele SD3G trigger
    V7 mag release w/diamond cut button to match the Seekins bolt catch paddles
    Ergo lightweight swift grip with V7 titanium grip screw
    Battle Arms Development lightweight Upper (new 6.28 oz version)
    V7 lightweight port door and rod (swapped in a black spring though)
    BCM 9" fluted 300BLK barrel w/AAC 51T flash hider for now to fit my SDN-6 can
    Next Intent titanium adjustable gas block
    V7 inconel gas tube
    Odin Works 9.5" O2 Lite Keymod hand guard
    Arisaka finger stop
    Bobro BUIS
    BCM/Vltor large (mod 3) charging handle.

Normally run a JP LMOS stainless bolt carrier with BCM bolt and V7 titanium firing pin on this build, Boomfab carrier in there for these pics and weight. JP carrier ~2 oz heavier.

Just under 4 and 1/2 pounds as it sits right now:

Ares Amentum sling and Surefire light/mount not shown. Eventually will get a Falkor Optimus buttstock if it ever becomes anything more than vaporware...will throw a Maxim PDW stock on here by next spring and put the Sabertube on a lightweight build (Boomfab destined for that build too) based on a 2A Arms Balios Lite upper/lower set already in progress.

James still needs a scope or red dot...leaning towards an Aimpoint on this one. I like the Fortis mount on my daughter's rifle but it feels a bit fragile for a PDW. Regardless, should be able to keep it just under 5# with a red dot...under 6 with the Thunder Beast Ultra 5C direct-thread can that will eventually go on this one...I'll lose the 51T flash hider currently on there to mount my AAC cans.

Storyline of how this one developed during the past year over on Zombie Squad <---click
    Last edited by 91Eunozs; 02-19-17 at 03:26.