Thread: michigan hunters-shotgun zone centerfire.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

michigan hunters-shotgun zone centerfire.

Wondering what my fellow michiganders use in the shotgun zone for rifles? Thinking about getting a rifle for hunting in the lower peninsula shotgun zones. I use a .308 lever for rifle and 12g slugs for shotgun zones currently. Curious about preferred calibers?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Also I was not really excluding other states, just I seen that we seem to have a little different case length standards.
    1.16-1.8" length

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    450 Bushmaster.
    I moved some scopes around yesterday and took the rifles out today to sight them back in. I put five factory Hornady rounds into a target slightly larger than a half dollar.
    I'm using a factory Bushmaster 16" upper on a lower that I put together with a Geissele SD-E trigger.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    450 Bushmaster.
    I moved some scopes around yesterday and took the rifles out today to sight them back in. I put five factory Hornady rounds into a target slightly larger than a half dollar.
    I'm using a factory Bushmaster 16" upper on a lower that I put together with a Geissele SD-E trigger.
    Had not thought about that round. I was looking into .50 beowulf or a henry .44 mag carbine. I know big difference between the two. I like the ar platform because I could do a grendel upper for long range shooting. That way I would have a lower for 2 different guns.