Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Might be worth it if you're getting a second hand razor. Prices are coming down on them and I got mine under $1100.

But for a strict budget, this is looking pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity the handle either. Have you handled both? I'm curious how similar they are side by side without the sales pitch from the YouTube vids.

I've read that the tube of the Razor nearly disappears when looking down it. I'm curious if the viper would be similar. My eyes are to shitty to really use a red dot but variables always give me a tunnel effect.
    I think the 'tunnel' effect is always possible, simply because you are looking down a long tube vice a short RDS housing.

But compared to other LPVs, the PST Gen 2 1-6 is very easy to use and I don't notice the tube at all unless my head gets waaay out of position. It's very forgiving.

ETA I have limited time behind a Razor 1-6 during a carbine course, but that was last year so I don't have any side by side. But I don't see any noticeable difference in FOV / Illumination / etc.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 07-01-17 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone compare the quality of the Gen II PST 1-6x with the Burris XTR II scope? I'm trying to decide between the Vortex or the XTR II 1-8x model. I have not seen or handled either one in person.

Thanks,
    Cuz.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuz View Post
    Can anyone compare the quality of the Gen II PST 1-6x with the Burris XTR II scope? I'm trying to decide between the Vortex or the XTR II 1-8x model. I have not seen or handled either one in person.

Thanks,
    Cuz.

I have not looked through the 1-6 or 1-8. But I have looked through a 3-15 Burris and a 5-25 PST. The PST was slightly better glass. I do have multiple 1-6 Razors and that glass is supirior to both. That said I think the Burris 1-8 is quite a bit more expensive than the 1-6 PST. Not sure it's worth it unless you need the 8x.

T

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112