Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks like a quality scope now and not something from Walmart

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    RHINOWSO, does the new finish seem more durable too?
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry
    "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I haven't had the chance to wring it out at all, it's rained non-stop all month and with the humidity 1000%, even when its not raining, nobody feels much like shooting.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'm wondering now if it's worth saving up the extra $$ for the Razor if this thing is a quality optic for half price. Obviously not the same quality though.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    I'm wondering now if it's worth saving up the extra $$ for the Razor if this thing is a quality optic for half price. Obviously not the same quality though.
    I thought about it but its $600 more, 2 oz heavier, for the same illumination and power range. Glass / durability expectedly a step down, but I think overall it's a trade off that was worth it for me.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I thought about it but its $600 more, 2 oz heavier, for the same illumination and power range. Glass / durability expectedly a step down, but I think overall it's a trade off that was worth it for me.
    I haven't had the opportunity the handle either. Have you handled both? I'm curious how similar they are side by side without the sales pitch from the YouTube vids.

I've read that the tube of the Razor nearly disappears when looking down it. I'm curious if the viper would be similar. My eyes are to shitty to really use a red dot but variables always give me a tunnel effect.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Might be worth it if you're getting a second hand razor. Prices are coming down on them and I got mine under $1100.

But for a strict budget, this is looking pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Might be worth it if you're getting a second hand razor. Prices are coming down on them and I got mine under $1100.

But for a strict budget, this is looking pretty good.

You're not making it any easier. The T2 on my main rifle doesn't really cut it for me. Maybe I'll sell it to offset the difference. I wish I could see these in person.

How much has the new finish changed from what was originally released on the PST? The pic on the last page looks good, I can't imagine it being more glossy than that. There's a few used ones for sale and I don't want to pic up something that looks like an old leupold scope.
    Last edited by Jaysop; 06-28-17 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    I got mine back from Vortex service, they said they replaced the illumination controls.

Still flickering, illumination goes off on recoil.

Back to Vortex.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Per Vortex, new PST 1-6 will have massive POV, same reticle of razor..didn't mention the weight. If it weight less, something gotta give, hopefully not the quality of the glass

Yep the glass quality. The PST line is medium quality glass. The Razor line has always been much much better in clarity.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast