Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I would like a Ferrari for the cost of a Ford Mustang, but that isn't going to happen. When the product improves quite a bit, the cost has to go up. Yes, the GEN 1's are going away. The new diamond back line and Strike eagle should fill in some of the gap left by the PST GEN 1 line.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category...al_riflescopes

C4
    I perfectly understand that the increase in cost is warranted by the increase in quality/performance and I'm not arguing against it. I'm just trying to understand the direction they are going with their product line and I was wondering if they would try to come up with another option in the $500 range since there are a few other companies like Steiner or Leupold that offer LPV's in that range.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Grant, do you know when you'll be getting the new PST's in?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Grant, do you know when you'll be getting the new PST's in?
    I do not. Vortex has sent out a small batch of these (so they are out there).

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The finish on these things is enough to make me want to spend extra on the Gen II

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Just ordered mine last night should be in hand next Thursday.

Feedback Score
    Just got mine in yesterday (from SWFA, 10% off, not sure if that sale is still going on). Super clear glass, true 1x. Haven't mounted it yet but I'm impressed so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How is the eye box..is it forgiving? I have Steiner 1-4, the only complaint I have is the sensitive eye box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Honestly I'm a bad judge, this is my first scope so I'd wait to hear the opinion of others. I bought it based mostly on Adam's review for Hawkeye Ignite:

https://youtu.be/KJZcaTobBZI

The Steiner P4Xi was going to be my choice before I saw the above review, and they praise the PST eyebox.

But my poorly informed testing: there is a range of maybe an inch or two front to back where the picture is clear, less so of course side to side. Without mounting yet it's especially tough to say, sorry. Mount should arrive tomorrow and I'll have a more experienced friend shoot it too so I'll update then.

Feedback Score
    Tuned the gas system and sighted in the scope yesterday. My friend remarked how good the picture and the eyebox at 1x are great, usable at all 6 stock positions and the middle 4 are all good. At 6x the eyebox is of course smaller and closer (less eye relief) but there's 2 stock positions that work.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I got mine in today and I'm taking it to the range tomorrow, so far I am very impressed.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast