Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch10 View Post
    Please do. I ordered this scope two months ago, but it's still back ordered. I'd love to see what more individuals have to say about this optic.
    I haven't had a chance to do a detailed review but so far I love it and I think it is a very good value.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I've got a few hundred rounds through mine so far.. Eye box is fairly forgiving on 1x and the glass is pretty nice for the price. Looking forward to hearing some real reviews on these once people get more time with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I really don't get why manufacturers keep putting the tiny objectives on LPVs. On 1-4x, sure, but now that we're getting into 1-6x and 1-8x etc., put a slightly bigger objective lens. It really isn't going to add any significant amount of weight, but it will make looking through it at max magnification a lot easier.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch10 View Post
    Please do. I ordered this scope two months ago, but it's still back ordered. I'd love to see what more individuals have to say about this optic.
    Where did you order it from?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Most LPV even the most expensive one, it never a true 1x. Also, the eye box is never "forgiving" enough compare to red dot. Therefore, I never consider to put any LPV for home defense weapon. With that being said, I don't think you will regret it because LPV does offer versatility.

The 1-6 Razor appears as a true 1x for me. But it's waaaayy off out of the box. I need to adjust the crap out of the eye piece at the ocular lens. Almost an entire turn out from the factory setting. I have 3 1-6 Razors and they all needed this exact adjustment. It makes a night and day difference. Just like looking thru a T1 now.

T

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    I just got mine in today, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting it to be very similar to a red dot on 1x but it doesn't seem that way to me. I don't know exactly what it is, but something is throwing me off.

I'm not completely dissing the optic, though. It's very clear, the illumination is bright, and the eye relief is very forgiving. I think it's just going to take me a while to get used to it, but I'm optimistic.

I was considering getting the Razor 1-6 but went with the PST so I could test the concept since this is my first LPV. The optic is very heavy; which is part of the reason I was so hesitant to go this route.

I definitely need to change the mount out for the extended version.

Adjust the eye piece properly. Makes all the difference in the world. Both eyes open T1 Aimpoint after its adjusted to your eye. Mark it at 12 o'clock... mine is gtg after turning it left to 3 o'clock. And get an SPR-E or ADM Recon-X with 3" forward rings.

T
    Last edited by tat2; 05-01-17 at 00:08.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mine is out for delivery, so hopefully in a week or two I'lll have some range time behind it, but I'll also post initial impressions / etc when I get it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Mine is out for delivery, so hopefully in a week or two I'lll have some range time behind it, but I'll also post initial impressions / etc when I get it.
    If you have a Razor 1-6 too I would really like to hear your opinions on how they compare. I am wanting to try one but I am afraid it will not be a close to the Razor as I am hoping. Thanks

T

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't have a Razor, so I can't give a direct comparison.

My Viper PST Gen 2 1-6x24 VMR-2 MOA arrived today and thus far I really like what I have. Seems very well built and sturdy - weight is 22.65 oz, so a little more than 2.5 oz lighter than the Razor.

Illumination seems daylight bright and similar to the Razor (from what I've seen the one time I looked through one and what people say on the internet about it). Turrents nicely capped and positive clicks. Glass seems nice for the price point and comparable to the Accupower 1-4 I have.

Only bitch is the lack of any sort of nub type cat-tail, making it hard to turn the magnification dial - the dial itself is stiff enough to prevent turning it accidentally, but it doens't seem over tight - just the lack of anything to get some leverage on make you have to grasp the dial with at least 2-3 finger.

Of course Vortex wants you to pay to buy there PTL, but I may wait to see if AADMOUNT comes out with one. I have a set of their caps for a Razor ordered, as the dimensions of the eyepiece and objective are the same - they are backordered so I don't know when I'll get them, but they are SO worth it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    The 1-6 Razor appears as a true 1x for me. But it's waaaayy off out of the box. I need to adjust the crap out of the eye piece at the ocular lens. Almost an entire turn out from the factory setting.
    My experience as well - I was comparing it to my Accupower 1-4x and was thinking "this is 1.1x or 1.2x, at least" while the Accupower is seamlessly 1x. But after playing with the eye piece it's just like the Accupower now, as close to 1x LPV as I've ever seen.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast