Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA 20" Freedom Kit review pre-shooting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk_Ghost View Post
    Got a Palmetto upper I put on a Aero Defense lower back in March of 2012. Lower has an ALG trigger group. Gun probably only has around 4K through it, after Sandy Hook kind of slowed down on shooting. The gun is a primarily on the Ranch gun. I use to shoot coyotes and other varmints. I did put in an H3 buffer because it seemed a little overgassed. It shoots smooth, is accurate, doesn't malfunction. I don't clean the thing that often and use 5w/30 Synthetic for lube. It gets carried a lot, rides in the back seat of the farm truck and does its job.
    Careful there fella. That thing is not a Colt 6920, BCM or DD rifle, so it's absolutely guaranteed to fail you at the very moment you need it most and you and your entire bloodline will become food for the undead! Furthermore, if you dare to vehemently defend your weapons choices on here, you'll eventually be prodded to the point to where you step over the line concerning forum rules, then, you'll be summarily banished from the kingdom.

Seriously though, I have a PSA Freedom midlength upper on a PSA factory complete lower. It has been fine through about 500 rounds. I have no reason to think it won't go 10,000 the same way. FWIW, my small(ish) collection is weighted heavily in the direction of BCM. I'm a big fan.

AR Value Nirvana was when BCM was offering their BCG & CH with purchase of an upper for a $69.99 upgrade. Combine that with an on-sale PSA complete lower, add a (completely optional) ALG trigger and you were GtG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One thing I've learned about PSA owners... they are certainly some sensitive cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    One thing I've learned about PSA owners... they are certainly some sensitive cats.
    Meh, some are I guess. I have one (1) PSA upper. Freedom Melonite Midlength. It's fine. I have several BCM renditions, mostly on PSA lowers. They're as Good as just about anybody needs and I cant tell the difference between them and my BCM BFH factory complete rifle. I also have..... wait for it..... a....... Spikes Tactical Midlength rifle that I've had for about 8 years and have run about 2K rounds through it. It's FINE!. There. I said it.

Recently, I bought a new, unfired Colt 6721 complete upper. It was a takeoff that I bought from a guy who was doing a custom upper for his Colt lower. I bought it mostly to see what all the Colt worship was about. I've had it out now a couple of times and put about 200 rounds through it so far. Guess what. It's fine too. No problems. What's special about it? Nothing. At all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Please show me a single thread anywhere on this board where a user was banned, who did not repeatedly violate the rules of the forum. You know, those classy rules that people agree to when they voluntarily sign up here.

I'd love to dig into such a case. Please let me know where an "innocent bystander" was victimized by the Mods/Staff here.
    I guess we are (you are) pretending this never happened, given that the sub-forum has now been deleted?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Thread-removed

The pre-edited thread is not hard to find on the WWW.

"Consider yourself warned

LAV Out"
    Last edited by NWcityguy2; 02-24-17 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Trolling, trolling, deedle-eedee-elee

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post
    There's something more interesting here than Eurodriver's essentially made up standard, which he didn't bother justifying when called out on by someone claiming actual knowledge (see post #36).

I'm talking about this...

When is this going to happen? I assume you are already shooting ammo, so the only additional cost would be the price of the guns themselves, which would be a fraction of the ammo costs. It would be awfully embarrassing if money ran out before a difference could be demonstrated...
    In all likelihood, that's exactly what would happen.

Feedback Score
    I think we all need to just relax a little, have some thicker skin, and enjoy what guns work great for us. I own a BCM middy, a 14.5' pinned Daniel Defense, and guess what: 3 PSAs too. My PSA guns have all run great, never malfunctioned, and i've probably put close to 8,000 rounds through them combined. I've run them pretty hard in crappy conditions and taken two of them through multiple training classes, and here comes a shocker.... I WOULD trust them in combat.

Now, that being said, I don't for a second anymore get offended when anyone says they aren't as good as DD,BCM,Colt,KAC etc. Why? Because when all things are considered, they are right. PSA doesn't have great QA/QC and i've seen some junk come out of there. But that doesn't mean i don't still like and trust my PSA guns. They can be awesome guns for the price, and "duty worthy" in my opinion, if you just check a few things and run them hard to make sure they're G2G.

And as for the perceived "snobbiness", I get it and have felt that here before. However, I love that this site isn't like TOS, and I really enjoy the wealth of knowledge and honesty that comes from so many SMEs, industry guys, and people who work with and use ARs for a living. That's my .02. Carry on

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I think we all need to just relax a little, have some thicker skin, and enjoy what guns work great for us. I own a BCM middy, a 14.5' pinned Daniel Defense, and guess what: 3 PSAs too. My PSA guns have all run great, never malfunctioned, and i've probably put close to 8,000 rounds through them combined. I've run them pretty hard in crappy conditions and taken two of them through multiple training classes, and here comes a shocker.... I WOULD trust them in combat.

Now, that being said, I don't for a second anymore get offended when anyone says they aren't as good as DD,BCM,Colt,KAC etc. Why? Because when all things are considered, they are right. PSA doesn't have great QA/QC and i've seen some junk come out of there. But that doesn't mean i don't still like and trust my PSA guns. They can be awesome guns for the price, and "duty worthy" in my opinion, if you just check a few things and run them hard to make sure they're G2G.

And as for the perceived "snobbiness", I get it and have felt that here before. However, I love that this site isn't like TOS, and I really enjoy the wealth of knowledge and honesty that comes from so many SMEs, industry guys, and people who work with and use ARs for a living. That's my .02. Carry on
    ^^^This Guy^^^ gets it. And yes, there is much good data on here. As well as much, much bias, which usually takes the form of a newbie being slammed for mentioning his new, perceived as "less-than-premium" rifle. And yes, I guess there may be more "operators" (I'm not one) on here than on TOS (gosh, WHY is there such a phobia on here of mentioning it by name???) but I suspect that their numbers are dwarfed by the loudmouthed, "me too" brand snobs who seem to be forever waiting to devour the errant PSA or Spikes fan. In my mind, such "dickheadery" is unwarranted in an online "community".

Feedback Score
    You have to get good at reading between the lines here.

How many people who bash PSA, Delton, DPMS, Spikes, Aero, Anderson, etc.... have little to no first hand knowledge of them, other than XYZ internet operator said they suck because charts and roll marks. Or more importantly, how many of them sell or shill for companies that sell other stuff that's deemed to be tier one gifts from god.

I like my stuff and am happy with it. I have gotten garbage from the "budget" brands, and I have gotten garbage from the likes of Colt, BCM, etc....too.

Be an informed buyer, and have some working knowledge of your stuff, and chances are everything will be OK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffk14 View Post
    ^^^This Guy^^^ gets it. And yes, there is much good data on here. As well as much, much bias, which usually takes the form of a newbie being slammed for mentioning his new, perceived as "less-than-premium" rifle. And yes, I guess there may be more "operators" (I'm not one) on here than on TOS (gosh, WHY is there such a phobia on here of mentioning it by name???) but I suspect that their numbers are dwarfed by the loudmouthed, "me too" brand snobs who seem to be forever waiting to devour the errant PSA or Spikes fan. In my mind, such "dickheadery" is unwarranted in an online "community".
    The people that I have seen get "slammed" are the ones who profess "My ___ is Just as Good as ____" and with the attitude that any opinion to the contrary is a personal insult. I don't believe I have seen anyone who isn't copping an attitude or looking for an echo chamber to validate their choices get any grief from the majority of the membership here.

If you ask me, the biggest problem with PSA isn't their products but the people who own them.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast