Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: PSA 20" Freedom Kit review pre-shooting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    I don't think the question is "Can PSA make a decent gun ?", I think they have proven that they can indeed make a AR-15 that will run with Colt,BCM,DD. If you choose the top shelf "premium" parts AND PSA's QC team actually showed up to work that day you have a pretty good chance of getting something on par with the above mentioned "top tier" brands.

The problem lies in PSA's lousy QC/QA, and the fact that their product line runs the gamut from likely GTG (FN Barreled uppers) to complete garbage (PTAC). So the result is one man's PSA gun (PTAC) is not the same as another man's PSA gun (FN barrel and premium bits). One can't simply say "PSA is GTG" with such wide variance in product quality offered and piss poor QA/QC to boot.

Most people can not be bothered to go into the minutiae of explaining the rube goldberg PSA product line when someone asks "Is PSA any good ?". Its easier to simply answer that they are not as good as other companies like Colt, DD or BCM who don't dilute their brand by offering trash as well as good parts and who have actual QA/QC.

My PSA runs like a sewing machine (after I fixed it) and trust it nearly as much as my BCM stuff (which has never failed). But when my friends ask me about parts and uppers I send them to BCM or Sionics because I don't want to risk them getting some bum shit and having to deal with crappy CS.
    I think this ^^^^ pretty much sums it up. Well said.

Feedback Score
    As someone once said, PSA has diluted their product line. They offer too many offerings under PSA and PTAC for me to trust that what I am receiving is actually what I'm paying for.

The way I see it, if you can build your own AR15 and fix the problems yourself, PSA may be OK for you. But if you don't want the hassle of potential issues, spend the extra $$ and get a brand that has been known for years for their exceptional quality control and customer service.

At this point in the game, I would only buy a PSA stripped lower, and use everything else from another company.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718