Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for clip on double AR mag pouch

Feedback Score
    I carry this every day while on foot going to work ( http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4.html )

with rifle and couple mags. To avoid blue on blue incident my reaction is to throw my raid jacket on as it's gotta be one of the most recognizable law enforcement pieces of clothing on the planet, then throw my badge around my neck and last would be to throw that magazine carrier on to my belt.

Anyway, that's the idea.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    So after playing around with some stuff our guys had on hand already, I decided that a single mag was a better choice as it didn't interfere with the double pistol mags I already carry.

Tried em both out today, I got one of each as an "off duty" AR-15 magazine holder. The one Blade Tech that Dave L recommended is definitely better built of the two, more robust I suppose, but the one from Mako is really quick to slide on and would probably be the choice in a hurry.

The Blade Tech I ordered with the same back as recommended, I think it's called tek-lok and it would be great if you have that few extra seconds ahead of time to put on. It's still pretty fast just not as easy as the Mako as it just slides down over the belt and you're done.

IMG_20161213_160919656_HDR.jpg side view of the Mako

IMG_20161213_160948502.jpg blade tech, open. Very secure once it's attached just not as easy to put on quickly as the other.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 12-14-16 at 16:26.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post

IMG_20161213_160948502.jpg blade tech, open. Very secure once it's attached just not as easy to put on quickly as the other.
    I have no experience with the Mako, but I would suggest putting the Blade Tech on once a day for a while. I promise it becomes as simple as finding the safety on an AR. The key is to keep the lock open when you are not wearing it and you can even keep the "door" open all the way also when it's in your AS bag.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I have no experience with the Mako, but I would suggest putting the Blade Tech on once a day for a while. I promise it becomes as simple as finding the safety on an AR. The key is to keep the lock open when you are not wearing it and you can even keep the "door" open all the way also when it's in your AS bag.
    I will do that. Just like anything else I suppose, repetition/muscle memory is the key. I do like it, seems to be a solid piece.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 12-15-16 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Dave L. makes an excellent point in regards to practice with and storage of the Tek-Lok. I have used the same one daily for a few years, and it is definitely solid. It could prove to be difficult to unlock it and open the door under stress.

You may even think about removing the lock. The Tek-Lok would be plenty secure without it. Looking at your pic it may be hard to engage the lock behind the mag carrier anyway.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12