Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 40SW - AR Platform Barrel reference

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbite View Post
    You will be happy with the 40SW - It is fun.
    If I were to do an assembly again, I would go 9mm. The ballistics are very similar but a light pay load. If you compete, probably a better option. I went with 40SW because I am set up for it.
    I have a 16" PSA 9mm upper with a PSA standard 9mm lower, a 10.5" PSA pistol upper with a PSA billet LRBHO lower I bought for $99 stripped. I have little to no desire for 45ACP.

I just got on the waiting list for a High Tower Arms bull pup conversion stock for a Hi-Point 9mm, and a .40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I have a 16" PSA 9mm upper with a PSA standard 9mm lower, a 10.5" PSA pistol upper with a PSA billet LRBHO lower I bought for $99 stripped. I have little to no desire for 45ACP.

I just got on the waiting list for a High Tower Arms bull pup conversion stock for a Hi-Point 9mm, and a .40.
    I know nothing about the High Tower Arms but from prior experience, Bull pup conversions triggers suck. Only two I have liked - Out of several but they were originally designed Bull pups.
    Tavor - after market trigger - don't remember whose and the Desert Tech SRSA1 bolt action.
    Kinda off subject but if you could get past the awkward / revolutionary layout of the SRS, it is a sweet rifle. One of the best if not best mass produced available to the general public factory precision rifles made - My opinion.
    I would buy one now but beyond my current level of reasonable expenditures and from the free time I have, it would not be utilized anywhere near as much as it should be.
    Good luck with your project and let us know how the conversion works out.

Feedback Score
    I know nothing about the High Tower Arms but from prior experience, Bull pup conversions triggers suck. Only two I have liked - Out of several but they were originally designed Bull pups.
    Tavor - after market trigger - don't remember whose and the Desert Tech SRSA1 bolt action.
    Kinda off subject but if you could get past the awkward / revolutionary layout of the SRS, it is a sweet rifle. One of the best if not best mass produced available to the general public factory precision rifles made - My opinion.
    I would buy one now but beyond my current level of reasonable expenditures and from the free time I have, it would not be utilized anywhere near as much as it should be.
    Good luck with your project and let us know how the conversion works out.
    My brother's Tavor9 sometimes doesn't go bang. He uses it in IDPA 2, and 3 gun matches. Not many rounds in it. Not sure if it got remedied. He is in week 2 of 28 at the FHP academy. That mystery may be a long while to cure.

Feedback Score
    My brother's Tavor9 sometimes doesn't go bang. He uses it in IDPA 2, and 3 gun matches. Not many rounds in it. Not sure if it got remedied. He is in week 2 of 28 at the FHP academy. That mystery may be a long while to cure.
    Never fired the Tavor 9mm only in 5.56. When your brother graduates in Florida, I truly hope he has a long and prosperous non-eventful career. With the current trend in some civilian mind sets, it looks like his chosen career will be challenging for quite a while.

Feedback Score
    57yo! Less stress than his last job. He hopes to get into Monroe county. He lives in Key Largo. Could end up in Miami.........

Feedback Score
    Checking in here to see how your FO-TEE is running. I have one trip out with mine. It is jamming. Nose up. I have not cut the lip off the bottom of the Frontier BCG as recommended by the guy at Kaw Valley.

Feedback Score
    Checking in here to see how your FO-TEE is running. I have one trip out with mine. It is jamming. Nose up. I have not cut the lip off the bottom of the Frontier BCG as recommended by the guy at Kaw Valley.
    What magazines are you using? A friend gave me an ETS 30 rounder and it will nose up, nose down..... The Glock mags seem to feed pretty good. Mine does not really like Truncated Cone hollow points, feeds HST's good and ball good. Tula feeds good but is so inconsistent it sometimes causes functioning problems.

I have about 500 rounds thru mine so far.

I am using a Spinta Precision Bolt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
    What magazines are you using? A friend gave me an ETS 30 rounder and it will nose up, nose down..... The Glock mags seem to feed pretty good. Mine does not really like Truncated Cone hollow points, feeds HST's good and ball good. Tula feeds good but is so inconsistent it sometimes causes functioning problems.

I have about 500 rounds thru mine so far.

I am using a Spinta Precision Bolt.
    Glock 22rd factory mags. I was using Remington 180 ball, Winchester purple coated government training ammo. I do have some 31rd KCI mags that I haven't tried.

Feedback Score
    It was running great with 165grs. I haven't been able to shoot as much as I would like. Gota pay the bills BUT I was at a local 3G last weekend and I had (3) stage 3 jams in a row on my last stage. All nose up. That ussually happens ocationally with 180gr ball after about 200 - 250 rounds. Still can't replecate the problem. Looks like I'll be pressing my barrel out ofter all and modifying it.
    I have the Fronteer bolt carrier - I polished the face to be mirror smooth with 1000 grit machiest paper and fine lapping compound. I took nothing measurable off. Never thought about modifying the Btm of bolt carrier face. I'll have to give that a look is a few weeks when I can make some time. Sorry to hear about your delema.
    FYI There were 11 or so people running the new Ruger carbines in 9mm. Only one FTF. They all have about 3/5 the cash into their platforms than I do and a no FCKING around & head scratching with theirs. I do like to practice malfuntion drills regularly but not when I don't have to LOL.

Feedback Score
    It was running great with 165grs. I haven't been able to shoot as much as I would like. Gota pay the bills BUT I was at a local 3G last weekend and I had (3) stage 3 jams in a row on my last stage. All nose up. That ussually happens ocationally with 180gr ball after about 200 - 250 rounds. Still can't replecate the problem. Looks like I'll be pressing my barrel out ofter all and modifying it.
    I have the Fronteer bolt carrier - I polished the face to be mirror smooth with 1000 grit machiest paper and fine lapping compound. I took nothing measurable off. Never thought about modifying the Btm of bolt carrier face. I'll have to give that a look is a few weeks when I can make some time. Sorry to hear about your delema.
    FYI There were 11 or so people running the new Ruger carbines in 9mm. Only one FTF. They all have about 3/5 the cash into their platforms than I do and a no FCKING around & head scratching with theirs. I do like to practice malfuntion drills regularly but not when I don't have to LOL.
    Like I said Ian at Kaw Valley told me to remove the nub on the bottom of the bolt. I would try that before cutting a ramp into the barrel as I already did the feed ramp in mine. Let me see if I can find the pic he sent me and post it. KV has their own BCG out now without the nub.

I have about $700 in my rig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast