Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on pistol length hand guard

Feedback Score

Need advice on pistol length hand guard

Friends, I am putting together a 9" 300 BLK pistol and need advice on an appropriate hand guard.

The intention of this weapon is for vehicle and low profile carry and for serious use training. No fantasy stuff.

I want to keep it light weight, will mount only a front sight and possibly a light. Red dot on the receiver of course. No can yet, so compatibility is not a priority (yet). M-LOK/KeyMod/whatever is not an issue.

Upper is a Sons of Liberty 9" build. Standard barrel nut, which I would happily switch but will need blocks and a wrench. Can do, with a short curve.

8" hand guard options appear limited to BCM, AAC, and SLR. 7" options are plentiful. Troy Alpha would be a no brainer, fitting right onto the existing nut, as would a MWI drop in two piece. I even considered going inexpensive and using a MOE or B5 set, but I'd also need a complete delta ring and retainer, so "cost" savings would be mixed. Ounces per dollar and "feature sets" has trapped me in a two week paralysis.

So, with emphasis on function, what do you suggest? I don't mind an extra ounce or two, and don't need the newest or turbo-est - just something sturdy, effective, made in USA.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
    Brian
    Last edited by Bugs; 12-10-16 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why didn't you buy the SOL upper with their hand guard already attached? Another question... Who makes a plastic hand guard for a pistol gas barrel? Wouldn't it be kind of short?
    Last edited by GH41; 12-10-16 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    Because of their Thanksgiving sale - $279 for rec'r/barrel/gas.

Afterward, I second guessed my haste, for sure, but the hand guards weren't on sale, nor was installation.

I did nab one of their carrier groups on sale as well. Very friendly and helpful group of guys, btw.
    Last edited by Bugs; 12-10-16 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Need advice on pistol length hand guard

Deleted
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 12-10-16 at 16:02. Reason: Deleted -
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    You would probably get more sympathy over on the AR pistol thread. Maybe the mods will move it for you.

Feedback Score
    Gotcha. Thx.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Done.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Centurion C4 rail with magpul mbus pro sights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Done.
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Knights 8" URX III will give you the original AAC clone. Beautiful rail. But $$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast